Cyber Systems Engineer 3
Join our team in defining the future at our Ft. Belvoir, VA location. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Army Knowledge Online (AKO) program supporting over 1.5M users worldwide on what has been recognized as the world's largest intranet portal.
The Army has evolving and exciting new requirements to make its intranet more secure, modern, accessible, and capable. To meet these exciting opportunities, the Northrop Grumman AKO team needs a Cyber Systems Engineer to help perform multiple security related task.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist with updating and maintaining the SOPs for security tools.
- Provide operations, maintenance, life cycle management, and administration for the AKO security operation applications.
- Maintain compliance with all mandated orders and directives associated with DOD Host Based Security Suite to include but not limited to TASKORDs, FRAGOs, mandates and directives. Provide compliance reports.
- Provide client and policy administration: Test, install, operate, maintain, configure, and troubleshoot endpoint agents, endpoint software, modules, extensions, deployment tasks, and tags.
- Monitor and report endpoint application incidents identified as potential threats, rogue systems, vulnerabilities, unauthorized devices and/or system changes, and data loss prevention.
- Develop and recommend efficiencies and best practices to achieve a higher level of security on the AKO environment.
- Support ACAS to ensure that 100% of AKO assets are being properly assessed.
Must possess a minimum of 5 years' of Cyber Security experience with a Bachelor's degree in a technical specialty: cyber security, computer science, or similar field (3 years' with a Master's, 0 with PhD).
Must have experience with Endpoint Security and situational awareness tools such as McAfee HBSS.
Must have experience with Cyber security policies, operations, and reporting requirements.
Must have experience working with a combination of ACAS, SRG, STIGs, IAVMs.
Must be IAT-II IA Baseline Certification (Security )
Must have knowledge of particular networking technologies, operating systems, and CND tools, tactics, techniques, and procedures which are part of the systems they support.
Must possess an active/current SECRET clearance or at least an active/current Interim Secret clearance.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
Experience with DoD Enterprise Endpoint Security solutions capabilities.
Experience with TASKORD, FRAGO, and OPORD.
Excellent verbal and written communications.
- DOD HBSS certification
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top