Cyber Systems Engineer 3
Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Cyber Systems Engineer to join our Perimeter Security Engineering team. The successful candidate will be responsible for administration of firewall policy and virtual security policies, design and compliance for the Perimeter Security team. These solutions support the security of the Northrop Grumman network.
Tasks include managing policies on with various types of Network and NextGen firewalls including Checkpoint, Cisco, Palo Alto, NSX and F5s. The role includes development and management and of security policies, administration, troubleshooting, and checking of logs and alerts. Assist with documentation of the environments and tools. Support the reporting on internal investigations of security violations. A familiarity of other Perimeter security areas such as Internet Proxies, Malware appliances, and IPS are a bonus. The role requires the candidate to be able to respond during off hours for emergencies. The selected candidate will be expected to interact with end-users, cross-functional teams, and suppliers as well as possess the ability to perform functional analysis, detail trade studies, and solution designs in cybersecurity. The ideal candidate must be able to multitask and work independently.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5 years of relevant experience; 3 years of relevant experience with a master’s degree.
- Managing policies on with various types of Network and NextGen firewalls including Checkpoint, Cisco, Palo Alto, NSX and F5s.
- Development and management and of security policies, administration, troubleshooting on firewalls including those mentioned above.
- Ability to check logs, monitor alerts.
- Lead in the preparation of documentation of the environments and tools to include work instructions in a detailed fashion to be used for training.
- Support the reporting on internal investigations of security violations.
- Ability to respond off-hours for emergencies.
- Ability to interact with end users and cross functional teams with various types and levels of technical abilities.
- Ability to multitask and work independently.
- Knowledge or familiarity with Internet Proxies, Malware appliances, and IPS/IDS devices.
- Ability to perform functional analysis, detail trade studies, and solution designs in cybersecurity.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top