Cyber Systems Engineer 2/3
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
The Engineering, Sciences and Technology (ES&T) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Cyber Systems Engineer 2/3 to join their team in San Diego, CA.
What You'll Get To Do:
The ideal candidate will apply system security engineering principles to provide realistic solutions designed to enhance the overall security posture of the system. They will identify threats and develop appropriate protection measures, review system changes for security implications and recommend improvements, research and draft Cybersecurity white papers, and provide top tier support to the rest of the team for resolving complex technical challenges.
Roles & Responsibilities include but aren't limited to:
- Establishes strict program control processes to ensure mitigation of risks and supports obtaining certification and accreditation of systems. Includes support of process, analysis, coordination, security certification test, security documentation, as well as investigations, software research, hardware introduction and release, emerging technology research inspections and periodic audits.
- Responsible for developing and executing test procedures to verify security controls
- Perform analyses to validate established security requirements and to recommend additional security requirements and safeguards.
- Systems Administration tasks such as configuring & maintaining Active Directory, DNS, Group Policy Objects, security hardening, patching, granular role-based access, implementing Department of Defense requirements on servers and workstations
- System analysis activities to include requirements analysis, gap analysis, analysis of alternatives
- COTS software installation, documentation, configuration and maintenance
- Development of high-level and detailed system design artifacts in accordance with DoD architecture framework
- Development of trade studies to introduce solutions, products, services and best practices to fit customer needs
- There is the expectation that the hired candidate has the ability to provide recommendations for improvements and enhancements of platforms, systems and labs
- A qualified candidate must be able to work in a dynamic and fast paced team environment
- Occasional travel may be required
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values . The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility . At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on the qualifications below.
This requisition may be filled at a level 2 or 3.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
Basic Qualification for a level 2:
Bachelor's degree in science, engineering or related STEM discipline with 2 years of related experience or0 years of relevant experience with a related master's degree
Basic Qualifications fora level 3:
Bachelor's degree in science, engineering or related STEM discipline with 5 years of related experience or3 years of relevant experience with a related master's degree
- Experience with Linux & Windows system administration
- Experience with the Risk Management Framework (NIST SP 800-53) and/or Committee for National Security Systems Instruction (CNSSI 1253)
- Current DoD 8570/8140 IA Certification (Security+CE or similar) OR must have the ability to obtain, and maintain, the certification within 6 months of start date
- Minimum active Secret clearance (Last investigation within the last 5 years)
- Must have the ability to obtain, and maintain, a Special Access Programs (SAP/SAR) level clearance as a condition of continued employment
- Knowledge and/or experience in one or more of the following technologies: AD/DNS, Patch Management, PKI, HBSS, ACAS, VMware products, Splunk
- Familiarity in the Risk Management Framework (RMF) Cybersecurity Lifecycle to include: identifying controls and overlays, generating testable requirements, identifying resilient architecture design, configuring, running, and scripting audit tools, providing analysis of vulnerability analyses, conducting verification testing for compliance assessment
- SQL database experience
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in Cyber Security, or a related field, an active Security+CE certificate, and 4 years of hands-on experience with Risk Management Framework in a DSS and/or JSIG environment
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Additional benefits
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
- Education Assistance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top