Cyber Systems Engineer 2
Northrop Grumman's Cyber Security Operations team is looking for a highly motivated system Engineer to be responsible for installing hardware and software, maintaining, repairing, and troubleshooting various mission critical systems. These solutions support and integrate with various operating system platforms within the NGMN.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Maintenance of system monitoring tools, and their dependencies.
- Management of Linux servers, storage devices, and networking equipment.
- Enforcing server security policies.
- Managing back-ups and replication schemes.
- Automating the management and monitoring of systems.
- Analyzing vendor products and making recommendations to purchase hardware and software.
- Generate reports on operational problems, plans, and progress.
- Write or contribute to standard operating procedures and other documents.
- Perform process, system, and data audits to conform for systems and applications.
- Provide 24/7 on-call support of critical systems when needed.
This shall include providing status on all non-recurring projects and infrastructure activities, ensuring that all formal processes, procedures and work instructions are followed appropriately, and that all customer requirements are met by all engineering designs and installations. Work outside of normal work hours to support operational requirements as needed is required. Travel within the US and possibly abroad to NG facilities and data centers is required. Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree with minimum 2 years Linux systems administration. Equivalent education or experience will be considered.
- Must be eligible to obtain a DoD Secret clearance with the ability to upgrade to a DoD Top Secret Clearance within a year.
- Familiarity with configuration management tools (Puppet, Salt, Ansible, etc).
- Usage of multiple scripting languages.
- Familiarity with different monitoring tools (Nagios, Splunk, MRTG).
- Familiarity with regular expressions.
- Linux , Network , Security Certifications.
- Splunk Administration / Architecting experience.
- Splunk Certifications.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Exceptional complex problem solving skills.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top