Cyber Systems Engineer 2
Northrop Grumman Technology Services sector is seeking a Cyber Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Washington, DC. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's GSOC program. Northrop Grumman provides a wide array of cyber security services to the US Treasury Government Security Operations Center (GSOC). Our support includes 24x7x365 Security Monitoring support; Department and Bureau level incident response support and coordination; vertical and horizontal cyber incident response coordination with Federal, DoD, and Intelligence Community agencies; network and host forensics services, and advanced threat detection and analysis services.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support for vulnerability management plan including formal assessment criteria, integration with asset inventory, enterprise vulnerability scanning and remediation tracking.
- Support the vulnerability management system with scan setup, configuration and tune scans.
- Develop quantitative metrics for project performance and enterprise risk indicators.
- Perform and management vulnerability discovery and analysis including categorization of discovered vulnerability and the characterization of posed threats, provide reporting and governance of vulnerability impact and remediation progress.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's Degree in a related technical discipline and a minimum of 2 years' experience with information systems security engineering required.
- Must be a US citizen with an active Top Secret security clearance.
- Must have experience running vulnerability scans and generating reports.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Knowledge and experience with McAfee Foundstone and DBProtect Scanners.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top