Cyber Systems Engineer 2
How do cyber terrorists get past the industries best? They don't. There are too many of us fighting virtual threats, protecting enterprises and entire countries from large-scale attacks. From creating a citywide wireless network for our first responders, to protecting our nation from cyber threats, to building software-defined radios that change how our military communications, our Information Systems team helps life run smoothly and safely.
If you are the sort of person who loves a challenge and likes to be involved in serious organizational and software change -- Then what is happening in the Cyber and Intelligence Mission Solutions Division is the place for you. This is without a doubt one of the most interesting and exciting times to join an organization like ours. The culture is one of excellence; team work, learning, delivered value and people. We are looking for people who love to learn and take initiative to really make this happen.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Cyber Systems Engineer 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located at Annapolis Junction, MD.
Roles and Responsibilities: Work as a System Engineer in the design and development of Next Generation architecture. This position is focused on the end-to-end engineering of interfaces, both internal and external, and architectural level system engineering activities. Work will also include definition and management of system requirements, CONOPs and verification activities. The preferred candidate should be able to work and function in a dynamic environment where requirements can change according to the customer needs. Candidate should be skilled in Agile Process Framework and be able to contribute to daily Scrums. The preferred Systems Engineer will have experience managing Scrum Team and be Scrum and Product Owner Certified. The successful candidate should be able to work with the development and test organization, participate in sprint planning, sprint execution and retrospectives. A solid understanding of the necessary tools needed to implement a DevOps Process Framework, i.e. Application release automation, continuous integration and continuous delivery
* Experience with analysis of architectural data flows and interface definition
* Ability to assess possible architectural limitations or shortcomings in such areas as scaling, speed, and throughput
* Understanding of networking protocols such as, TCP/IP, IPv4/6, ICMP, SMTP, etc.
* Familiarity with XML/XSD, messaging and schemas
* Familiarity and experience with Linux environment
* Experience with Atlassian tool suite (Jira, Confluence, etc.) as applicable to Agile/Scrum development and collaboration environment
* Critical thinking and a motivated self-starter capable of implementing Agile and DevOps culture.
* The preferred candidate should be able to develop scenarios (threads) and an Operational Concept that describes the interactions between the system, the user, and the environment, that satisfies operational, support, maintenance, and disposal needs. She or he will be able to review and/or approve system engineering documentation to ensure that processes and specifications meet system needs and are accurate, comprehensive, and complete
* Experience with development of system CONOP, requirements, and verification activities
* INCOSE Certification
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional systems engineering experience on projects with similar processes may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top