Cyber Systems Engineer 1
Are you motivated to work in an environment that will challenge you, force you to continuously innovate, and work on solutions that make a difference for our customers? Do you want to be part of an inclusive, collaborative, and agile team? If so, there is a future for you to support a portfolio of programs at Northrop Grumman that are migrating existing mission and business applications to the Cloud. Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is currently seeking a Cyber Systems Engineer 1. This position is located in Fairfax, VA.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Removing obstacles to enhance project team efficiency and effectiveness, including reaching out to larger organizational network for impediment removal; ability to foster communication across engineering disciplines and ensuring cross-team coordination
- Providing advice and guidance, and resolving IT related problems to meet technical performance of the program.
- Responsible for activities and processes required to deliver and manage IT related services at agreed levels to Enterprise consumers.
- Ensure traceability for project plans. Identify and manage dependencies with other systems and elements of the IT infrastructure
- Create and/or maintain documents such as System Security Plans (SSP), Concept of Operations (CONOPS), and System Requirements Document (SRD).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related Technical degree and a minimum of 1 years' experience.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret clearance
- Familiarity with Agile Scrum
- Experience translating technical concepts and program information to others
- Experience in preparing and/or reviewing documentation to ensure accuracy and that impacts are identified, understood and communicated
- Experience with AWS or AWS certification
- ITIL Certification
- CompTIA certification (Security or similar)
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to build and maintain constructive relationships among customers, government technical works and contractors
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to translate technical concepts and program information to executive and senior manager audiences
- Strategic thinker with the ability to understand the 'big picture'; how current project fit with others and how organizational processes and programs work to support effective delivery of capabilities
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top