Cyber Systems (Data) Engineer 4-TS/SCI/Poly
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is currently seeking a Systems (Data) Engineer. This position is located in Fairfax, Va.
The Systems (Data) Engineer will focus on the design, implementation and operation of data management systems to meet the customer's business needs This includes designing how data will be stored, consumed, integrated and managed by different data entities and digital systems. This Data Engineer will work with data consumers to determine, create and populate optimal data architectures, structures and systems. Data Engineering requires an extensive knowledge of data manipulation, databases, data structures, data management and best engineering practices.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Curate, condition, parse and load data into systems
- Design, document, construct and deploy database architectures and applications, leverage scripting languages and tools to integrate systems and services
- Define and implement data standards, processes and application programming interfaces to support data exchange, exploitation, modeling, management and production
- Evaluate and integrate new data management technologies into existing services and capabilities
- Attend various data meetings, including the metadata working groups and the team planning sessions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related STEM degree and minimum of 9 years related experience. An additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Working knowledge of varying technical and data architectures
- Ability to work with stakeholders to ensure data consistency, adherence to business rules, etc..
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Familiar with data transfer methodologies
- TS/SCI with Poly
- AWS Solutions Architect or similar Certification
- Cloud knowledge specifically AWS storage solutions such as S3 and EBS
- Experience with Elastic Search
- Experience with Agile/SaFE methodology
- Experience with Software Development
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top