Cyber Systems Administrator / Principal Systems Administrator
- Orlando, FL
Working in Northrop Grumman Defense Systems means making a direct contribution to mission projects that keep our homeland safe, expanding the boundaries of possibility, and reshaping the world we live in. If you're looking for challenging work experiences with a bigger purpose and desire to learn in a collaborative environment, we invite you to look for the next step in your career at Northrop Grumman.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems is seeking a qualified Cyber Systems Administrator or Principal Cyber Systems Administrator to work with a diverse team of cyber systems admin professionals supporting a fast-paced, growing, dynamic program for our US Air Force customer. This position is located in Orlando, FL.
The candidate would be responsible maintaining seamless operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators and cyber security teams. Interacting with users and evaluating DoD approved vendor products and solutions. Performing trade studies when making hardware and sWoftware purchases, coordinating installations, providing backup recovery support, and developing and monitoring policies and standards. Ancillary duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, fine tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocating mass storage space.
The candidate's responsibilities include:
• Participation in team activities and weekly meetings
• Performing updates and patching of computer infrastructure
• Configuring, administering and maintaining computer infrastructure (Windows 10, Server 2012, Windows Server 2016, Active Directory, Red Hat Enterprise Linux)
• Configuring, administering, and maintaining patch deployment and management system
• Providing patch management status reporting to management
• Develop scripts to support task automation and automated deployment using bash / powershell / python
• Configuring, monitoring, maintaining, and administering computer backup and recovery solution
• Providing backup and recovery status reporting to management
• Ensure secure configuration managed processes are followed
• Executing Agile processes such as DEVSECOPs
• Making recommendations for solutions to technical problems (e.g. product selection recommendations)
• Maintaining and operating virtual environments for servers and workstations
• Writing standard operating procedure documentation and developing system cold-start documentation
• Performing auditing as delegated by ISSO, ISSM, or equivalent following defined procedures
• Participating in customer meetings, or providing status input to higher level management
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
This requisition may be filled at either a level 2 or a level 3.
BQs for a Principal Cyber Systems Administrator 3 are
Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or related discipline with 6 years of applicable experience. 4 years applicable experience with Masters Degree. 4 years of experience will be considered in lieu of a college degree
BQs for a Cyber Systems Administrator 2 are Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or related discipline with 2 years of applicable experience. 0 years experience with Masters Degree. 4 years of experience will be considered in lieu of a college degree
• DoD 8570 qualifications for IAT Level II position or able to obtain within 6 months
• Active Secret DoD Security clearance
• Demonstrated experience administering and maintaining Active Directory environments and group policies
• Demonstrated experience administering and maintaining a Windows environment (Desktop and Server operating systems)
• Demonstrated experience of virtualization environments using technologies such as Hyper-V, ESXi, McAfee ePO, MS SQL Server, storage provisioning, and networking of virtual systems
• Previous experience in administration of secure configuration managed systems
• Ability to work in a team environment with minimal direct supervision
• Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary and fast-paced environment
• Ability to work outside of normal working hours and weekends as needed to support the customer's needs
• Active Top Secret DoD Clearance
• Previous experience in a modeling and simulation environment
• Rudimentary knowledge of networking (e.g. IP routing, switching, OSI layers)
• Previous experience with centralized management solutions (e.g. Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), Ansible, )
• Working knowledge of Windows security, network security, web security, application security, security assessments/testing, industry and DoD security best practices
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top