Cyber Systems Administrator - McLean, VA
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a Cyber Systems Administrator to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position is located in McLean, VA and reports to the Cyber Academy Manager.
The qualified applicant will become part of a Northrop Grumman’s Cyber Academy talent development program responsible for providing high-quality technical support for all systems and processes related to content delivery through cybersecurity instructor-led and virtual-led training activities. The Cyber Systems Administrator Level 1 will ensure smooth operation of physical classroom equipment including laptops and mobile training platforms, configuration of new, with maintenance of all hardware, and development and management of virtual training systems using bleeding-edge technology.
This applicant will support the program technical lead and will be responsible for testing new-to-market technology provided by vendors. This is without a doubt one of the most interesting and exciting times to join an organization like ours. The culture is one of excellence; team work, learning, delivered value and cybersecurity workforce development. We are looking for a candidate who embraces learning, is a self-initiator and can support collaboratively in cross-function teams and individually.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support instructors and subject matter experts by providing virtual infrastructure support
- Support subject matter experts by assisting with lab exercise development
- Responsible for maintaining training interface devices (laptops, iPads, etc.)
- Responsible for maintaining multiple virtual training infrastructures
- Supporting equipment transport operations
- Troubleshooting system errors
- Coordinating and maintaining vendor partnerships
- Documenting activities and maintaining inventories
- Identifying new technologies to grow virtual training operations
- Support cyber-related outreach initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in a Cyber or Information Technology related field. Four years of technology related experience will be accepted in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Intermediate experience with managing and maintaining a virtual-based infrastructure (hardware, software, etc.)
- Strong understanding of Linux OS administration and its command line tools and strong understanding of Windows server administration
- Experience with administering and maintaining Linux operating systems
- Experience writing scripting languages such as Python, Swift, Java or PowerShell
- Able to understand and apply company methodologies, standards and policies
- Must possess technical knowledge and basic understanding TCP/IP and Ethernet networking
- Demonstrate the skill and ability to perform moderately complex professional information technology tasks independently
- Candidate must work well in a fast-paced environment and have the ability to rapidly adapt to a changing environment
- Candidate must possess ability to provide demonstrations of technical capabilities to varying levels of management
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Bachelor’s degree in a cyber or technology-related
- *NIX experience
- Security , Network , GSEC, CCNA, VMware certs or any other cybersecurity-related certification
- Developed knowledge of networking (e.g. IP routing, switching, OSI layers) and HPE and Cisco switch or router configuration and troubleshooting
- Experience with virtualization products similar to VMware, OpenStack, etc.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top