Cyber Systems Administrator / Field Enginer
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector is looking for a Systems Administrator/Field Engineer to support a program in Landover, MD.
This position is responsible for supporting the customer onsite at various locations worldwide. The role will maintain smooth operation of multi-user worldwide computer systems, including coordination with network administrators. As a part of their main job duties, this position will conduct site surveys and make recommendations to purchase hardware associated with site specific needs to perform their circuit installations. After completion of the site survey, will be responsible for the design and implementation of the site survey plan to meet customers’ needs/expectations.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Install, maintain, repair, overhaul, troubleshoot, modify, construct, and test system hardware and software.
- Designing and installing VTCoIP systems and performing corrective actions at customer site.
- Isolate malfunctions using tools and techniques.
- Perform board level, corrective, adaptive, and perfective hardware maintenance on the equipment identified in the
- system baseline documentation.
- Return faulty equipment to operating condition.
- Perform site inventories and redline updates to site baseline documentation.
- Able and willing to travel to CONUS and OCONUS (including hostile areas).
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of experience; Associates degree and 5 years or additional years of experience maybe used in lieu of degree requirement.
- Must have an active TS with SCI eligibility.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds from the floor to a desk or table top.
- Must have good communication and writing skills
- In-depth knowledge of Cisco routers, VoIP, VTCoIP, Taclanes and KIV’s
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top