Cyber Systems Administrator 4
How do cyber terrorists get past the industry’s best? They don’t. There are too many of us fighting virtual threats, protecting enterprises and entire countries from large-scale attacks. From creating a citywide wireless network for our first responders, to protecting our nation from cyber threats, to building software-defined radios that change how our military communications, our Information Systems team helps life run smoothly and safely.
If you are the sort of person who loves a challenge and likes to be involved in serious organizational and software change — Then what is happening in the Cyber and Intelligence Mission Solutions Division is the place for you. This is without a doubt one of the most interesting and exciting times to join an organization like ours. The culture is one of excellence; team work, learning, delivered value and people. We are looking for people who love to learn and take initiative to really make this happen.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking Cyber Systems Administrator 4 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located at Annapolis Junction, MD.
Description of Position:
The Cyber Systems Administrator provides support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems.
- Manages the daily activities of configuration and operation of IT systems.
- Provides Tier 1 (Help Desk) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems.
- Provides assistance to users in accessing and using IT systems.
- Provides support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/
server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Provides Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems.
- Provides support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers.
- Optimizes system operations and resource utilization, and perform system capacity analysis and planning.
Our professionals live and breathe different perspectives here; we are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and well aware that the more ideas, backgrounds, opinions, and experiences we bring to our work, the stronger that work will be. Just as you would invest your time and hard work into our company, we focus on investing back into you through enriching professional experiences and high-quality learning and development opportunities. We want you to bring your whole self to work and for you to have meaningful connections with your coworkers, customers, and communities, while providing the best products, systems, and technologies to protect our world.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and 10 years’ experience or Master’s degree and 8 years’ experience is required. (4 years of additional SA experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree
- Experience should be as a Systems Administrator in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity.
- Strong understanding of Linux OS administration and its command line tools or Strong understanding of Windows server administration
- Experience writing scripting languages such as Bash, Python, Perl, or PowerShell
- Familiarity with network concepts, including firewalls, switches, routing and IPTables
- Experience installing, configuring and administering Web and application servers
Security Clearance: Ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance with polygraph is Required
- Experience designing, integrating and deploying systems based on COTS and GOTS products from multiple vendors.
- Experience with implementing Data Center High Availability and Disaster Recovery.
- Experience managing a virtualized environment
- Experience with Configuration Management Tools such as Chef and Puppet
- Experience managing and monitoring cloud based systems (such as Hadoop, Cassandra, Accumulo, Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana (ELK stack), NiFi, Etc)
- Experience with Scrum/Agile Software Development Methodology
- Experience with VMware
- Active Security certification a plus
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top