Cyber Systems Administrator 3
Northrop Grumman Technology Services Sector is looking for System Administrator to provide monitoring, reporting, and management services to engineering teams on a large contract supporting a major State customer.
The selected individual will work as part of an Enterprise Management Services organization responsible for ensuring systems supporting internal and customer workload are online and running within specifications, and providing supporting data to the Program Service Level Agreement assessment and reporting function.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The qualified candidate will work in a self-directed environment under the leadership of the Technology Strategy and Enterprise Management Services manager. The candidate is responsible for ensuring that systems responsible for contract required monitoring are functional and effective across the enterprise. Candidate is responsible for ensuring the monitoring, management, and reporting systems are running supported and current product releases, for working with the architecture team to forecast upcoming product releases, and for the timely adoption and implementation of product releases. Candidate is responsible for working with engineering and operational teams to understand needs/requirements for monitoring and management functionality and determining how current systems can address these needs as well as tracking gaps in current and requested capabilities. Candidate will work with Enterprise Architecture to identify alternative solutions for addressing capability gaps and creating associated business cases for additional product procurement. Candidate will work with internal and external customers to document and develop reporting solutions based on the data maintained within the monitoring and management solutions.
- 5 years of direct technology experience
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse levels of technical and non-technical staff
- Experience with Office product, specifically Excel, Word
- Experience with common network monitoring processes/protocols/tools, specifically including:
- Experience with TCP/IP networking, IP addressing and subnetting
- Experience troubleshooting Windows and Linux server OS platforms
- Ability to work closely with customers and cooperatively with a cross-functional team and ensure delivery on time and within budget.
- Ability to analyze and resolve customer issues efficiently
- Strong written & verbal communication skills along with presentation skills
- US Citizenship required
- Experience in installation, configuration, maintenance, upgrade, and troubleshooting of the following products in a multi-tenant environment
- EMC SMARTS (server monitoring components, and NCM network monitoring)
- EMC APG/M&R reporting solutions
- EMC Data Protection Advisor (DPA)
- Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway
- Installation and configuration of Windows and Linux server operating systems
- Advanced troubleshooting skills related to Windows and Linux server operating systems, including
- Listing and troubleshooting services and daemons
- Identifying and viewing server and product log files
- Scripting to support data analysis
- Remote program execution
- Remote server access (RDS, SSH, iLo/DRAC)
- Excellent writing and technical documentation skills
- Excellent planning, organization, scheduling and progress reporting skills
- Excellent teamwork skills to collaborate with a diverse team of skilled systems engineers
- Excellent communications skills to articulate complex technical issues
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top