Cyber Systems Administrator 2/3
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a Cyber Systems Administrator to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position is located in McLean, VA and reports to the Cyber Academy Manager.
The qualified applicant will become part of a Northrop Grumman's Cyber Academy talent development program responsible for providing high-quality technical support for all systems and processes related to content delivery through cyber security instructor-led and virtual-led training activities.
The Cyber Systems Administrator will ensure smooth operation of physical classroom equipment including laptops and mobile training platforms, configuration of new, with maintenance of all hardware, and development and management of virtual training systems using bleeding-edge technology.
This applicant will support the program technical lead and will be responsible for testing new-to-market technology provided by vendors. This is without a doubt one of the most interesting and exciting times to join an organization like ours.
The culture is one of excellence; team work, learning, delivered value and cyber security workforce development. We are looking for a candidate who embraces learning, is a self-initiator and can support collaboratively in cross-function teams and individually.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining training interface devices (laptops, iPads, etc.)
- Responsible for maintaining multiple virtual training infrastructures
- Supporting equipment transport operations
- Troubleshooting system errors
- Documenting activities and maintaining inventories
- Identifying new technologies to grow virtual training operations
- Support instructors and subject matter experts by providing virtual infrastructure support
- Support subject matter experts by assisting with lab exercise development
- Support cyber-related outreach initiatives
- Coordinating and maintaining vendor partnerships
- Responsible for learning scripting languages (PowerShell, Python, etc.)
- Perform moderately complex professional information technology tasks independently
"This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below."
"This requisition may be filled at either a level 2 or a level 3"
Basic Qualifications for a level 2 are a Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related STEM field and a minimum 3 years of related experience. An additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
Basic Qualifications for a level 3 are a Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related STEM field and a minimum of 6 years of related experience. An additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Basic experience of virtual-based infrastructure (hardware, software, etc.)
- Familiarity with Windows and Linux command-line
- Fundamentals knowledge of system administration (Windows and Linux), with willingness to expand familiarity
- Able to understand and apply company methodologies, standards and policies
- Basic understanding of network communication and TCP/IP model functions, with willingness to expand familiarity
- Must be able to obtain a Secret clearance if needed
- Bachelor's degree in a cyber or technology-related
- *NIX experience
- Security , Network , GSEC, CCNA, VMware certs or any other cybersecurity-related certification
- Developed knowledge of networking (e.g. IP routing, switching, OSI layers) and HPE and Cisco switch or router configuration and troubleshooting\
- Coding experience (Python, Java, C#, HTML)
- Experience with virtualization products similar to VMware, OpenStack, etc
- Candidate must possess ability to provide demonstrations of technical capabilities to varying levels of management
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top