Cyber Systems Administrator 2
Our Joint Staff J7 Team, located in Suffolk, VA, has an opportunity for a Computer Systems Administrator with focus on the administration of Red Hat Linux and Windows servers and computers to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. The Systems Administrator supports a unique Joint Staff capability supporting the installation, integration, testing, evaluation, and synchronization of simulations and gaming tools used in future immersive training capabilities for Joint Training Exercises and Experiments.
As member of the Joint Staff J7 team this system administrator will be responsible for maintaining smooth operation of multi-user computer systems and coordination with network administrators. Candidate will work independently or with other administrators to build operating systems (OS) and application servers and workstations to support Joint Staff Suffolk modeling and simulation (M&S) systems used to conduct joint training. Primary Roles and Responsibilities of the Joint Staff J7 SYSADMIN Technician will include, but not be limited to:
- Setting up administrator, user and service accounts
- Maintaining system documentation
- Tuning system performance
- Installing system wide software and allocate mass storage space.
- Install patches and upgrades to OS for Linux and Microsoft Windows platforms.
- The candidate will be required to perform system security lockdowns to include troubleshooting and isolation of
problems that are created during installation.
- Assist in isolation and troubleshooting of operating systems, installing applications, and providing solutions to
- Builds, operates and manages mail, web and data file servers used during training exercises and events at JS J7.
- May be required to write procedures and programs to automate repetitive processes.
- Must to be capable of compiling and installing applications required by the customer.
Must possess a Bachelor's Degree in computer science, engineering or related technical subject and a minimum of 3 years' or 7 years experience in lieu of degree
- Must be DOD 8570 Information Assurance Technician (IAT) II Compliant with the below certifications.
- Must have at least ONE of the following IAT Level II certifications:
- CompTIA Security CE
- System Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate-Security (CCNA-Security)
- GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC)
- Must have at least ONE of following Operating System (OS) certifications:
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
- Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator (RHCSA)
- CompTIA Linux
- Current Microsoft MCITP or MCTS
- Current Server
Must have experience with NIS, DNS, network file systems, web and mail servers.
Must possess experience with Microsoft Exchange and Active Directory management.
Must have experience with Puppet
- Must have experience with the creation and maintenance of user accounts to include the limitation of capability and
Must have experience with network security.
Must have experience with the resolution of problems related to hardware and software, both application and operating systems.
Must be capable of lifting and moving of equipment .
Must show the ability to work both independently and as an effective team member, planning and organizing work, and have the flexibility to cope with a changing environment and short deadlines
Must be willing and able to travel in support of the program requirements.
Must possess and maintain a Top Secret Clearance
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
Knowledge of modeling and simulations systems used by US military.
Experience with networks to include 10/100/1000 ethernet, IP addressing schemes, and VLANs.
Experience with DISA STIGS and implementation
- Military background & understanding of Military Training Sites.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top