Cyber Systems Administrator 2
Our Joint Staff J7 Team, located in Suffolk, VA, has an opportunity for an Intelligence Systems Administrator with focus on the administration of Windows servers and computers to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals.
The Intel Systems Administrator supports a unique Joint Staff capability supporting the installation, integration, testing, evaluation, and synchronization of simulations and gaming tools used in future immersive training capabilities for Joint Training Exercises and Experiments. As member of the Joint Staff J7 team this system administrator will be responsible for maintaining smooth operation of multi-user computer systems and coordination with network administrators. Candidate will work independently or with other administrators to build operating systems (OS) and application servers and workstations to support Joint Staff Suffolk Collective Training systems used to conduct joint training.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities of the Joint Staff J7 SYSADMIN Technician will include, but not be limited to:
- Support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
- Coordinates with the C4I planners for watch floors configuration for different events
- Configure/set up different types of work environment/watch floors for different events
- Troubleshoot problems reported by users.
- Monitor networks to ensure security and availability to specific users.
- Ensure network connectivity throughout LAN
- Assign routing protocols and routing table configuration.
- Maintain network facilities in individual machines, such as drivers and settings of personal computers as well as printers.
- Maintain network servers such as file servers, VPN gateways, and intrusion detection systems.
- Administer servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, personal digital assistants, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches.
- Perform network address assignment.
- Assign configuration of authentication and authorization of directory services.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
1. Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineering or related technical subject and a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in military and/or defense industry relevant to the description above. Note: Additional experience may be considered in lieu of the education requirements. (Combined total of a minimum of 7 years between education and relevant experience).
2. Must be DOD 8570 Information Assurance Technician (IAT) II Compliant with the below certifications.
- Must have ONE of the following IAT Level II certifications:
- CompTIA Security CE
- System Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate-Security (CCNA-Security)
- GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC)
- Must have one of following Operating System (OS) certifications:
- Current Microsoft MCITP or MCTS
- Current Server
3. Must have experience with NIS, DNS, network file systems, web and mail servers.
4. Must have experience with all Microsoft Office Products
5. Must have experience with the creation and maintenance of user accounts to include the limitation of capability and access.
6. Must have experience with network security.
7. Must have experience with the resolution of problems related to hardware and software, both application and operating systems.
8. Must be capable of lifting and moving of equipment.
9. Must show the ability to work both independently and as an effective team member, planning and organizing work, and have the flexibility to cope with a changing environment and short deadlines
10. Must be willing and able to travel in support of the program requirements.
11. Must possess and maintain a Top Secret Clearance
12. Must be a U.S. Citizen
1. Experience in Intel systems Architectures
2. Experience with the installation and management of Oracle
3. Familiar with DOD messaging (ACP-128 (JANAP-128), DOI-103 and DD-173) procedures
4. Experience with networks to include 10/100/1000 ethernet, IP addressing schemes, and VLANs.
5. Experience with DISA STIGS and implementation
6. Military background & understanding of Military Training Sites.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top