Cyber Systems Administrator
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Cyber Systems Administrator to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida.
This position is for a Lab Operations Cyber Systems Administrator. This position will entail maintaining smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources. Ancillary duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocating mass storage space.
• Operate and Maintain Network/Security Operations Center (NOC/SOC)
• Maintain availability of Test Station and Software Development Environment
• Collecting and reporting system data metrics
• Ensure systems adhere to program configuration and data management plans
• Providing software maintenance and installing software upgrades and patches
• Ensure Lab Operations Policy and Procedures as being executed and updated (E0-7409 and Lab Ops Standard Operating Procedures)
• Perform assessments of systems and networks within the networking environment or enclave and identify where those systems and networks deviate from acceptable configurations, enclave policy, or local policy
• Establishes strict program control processes to ensure mitigation of risks and supports obtaining certification and accreditation of systems
• Assist in the implementation of the required government policy, make recommendations on process tailoring, participate in and document process activities
• Perform analyses to validate established security requirements and to recommend additional security requirements and safeguards
• Support the formal Security Test and Evaluation (ST&E) required by each government accrediting authority through pre-test preparations, participation in the tests, analysis of the results and preparation of required reports.
• Document the results of Certification and Accreditation activities and technical or coordination activity and prepare the system Security Plans and update the Plan of Actions and Milestones POA&M
• Periodically conduct a complete review of each system's audits and monitor corrective actions until all actions are closed
- Bachelor's Degree and 3+ years of cyber and/or systems administration experience OR Master's Degree and 1+ year of cyber and/or systems administration experience
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret or Top Secret Clearance as well as Program Special access within a reasonable period of time, as determined by the company to meet its business needs
- Current DoD 8570 Level 2 Certification, such as Security+ CE, CCNA Security, GICSP, GSEC, SSCP, or CYSA+
- Systems Administration experience, to include Windows, Linux, or VM environments
- Current Secret or Top Secret clearance in scope is preferred
- Master's Degree preferably in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university with 1+ years of professional experience
- Cybersecurity, Information Assurance experience, and/or system administration experience
- VMware environment experience and certification
- System administration knowledge to include Windows, Linux, and VM environments
- Understanding of enterprise-level computing platforms involving virtualization, distribution and high availability
- Experience implementing storage allocation, reclamation, replication and migration
- Experience with security relevant tools and audit logging software
- Experience with RMF POA&M implementation
- Perform compliance audits and active evaluations such as vulnerability assessments
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top