Cyber System Engineer
This position description does not represent a current opening but may be used to identify candidates with skills and experience for positions within Northrop Grumman that frequently become available. Candidates who express an interest may be considered for future positions at Northrop Grumman.
Responsibilities for this Pipeline requisition are:
How do cyber terrorists get past the industry's best? They don't. There are too many of us fighting virtual threats, protecting enterprises and entire countries from large-scale attacks. From creating a citywide wireless network for our first responders, to protecting our nation from cyber threats, to building software-defined radios that change how our military communications, our Information Systems team helps life run smoothly and safely.
If you are the sort of person who loves a challenge and likes to be involved in serious organizational and software change -- Then what is happening in the Cyber and Intelligence Mission Solutions Division is the place for you. This is without a doubt one of the most interesting and exciting times to join an organization like ours. The culture is one of excellence; team work, learning, delivered value and people. We are looking for people who love to learn and take initiative to really make this happen.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Cyber System Engineer 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located in the DC Metro area.
Our professionals live and breathe different perspectives here; we are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and well aware that the more ideas, backgrounds, opinions, and experiences we bring to our work, the stronger that work will be. Just as you would invest your time and hard work into our company, we focus on investing back into you through enriching professional experiences and high-quality learning and development opportunities. We want you to bring your whole self to work and for you to have meaningful connections with your coworkers, customers, and communities, while providing the best products, systems, and technologies to protect our world.
- A Bachelor's Degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required and 5 years' experience or Master's degree and 3 years' experience as a System Engineer supporting software intensive system and software development including areas such as requirements analysis, requirements management, system architecture, system design, process execution and evaluation, selections and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, systems development, integration, verification and sustainment.
- (5) years of system engineering experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- Experience with development of system documentation such as CONOP, requirements, design, diagrams verification activities, SOP, etc.
- Security Clearance: TS/SCI clearance
- TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Candidate must be familiar with IBM DataStage Tools or similar ETL technologies
- Candidate must be experienced with ETL concepts, maintenance and scalability
- Candidate must have Security certification, 8570 certification, CISSP or equivalent
- Experience using Scrum/Agile development methodology
- Experience developing scenarios (threads) and an Operational Concept that describes the interactions between the system, the user, and the environment, that satisfies operational, support, maintenance, and disposal needs. She or he will be able to review and/or approve system engineering documentation to ensure that processes and specifications meet system needs and are accurate, comprehensive, and complete.
- Proficiency with Linux (must be evidenced in previous work experience)
- Ability to assess possible architectural limitations or shortcomings in such areas as scaling, speed, and throughput
- Experience leading a product development team including defining the product roadmap and working with stakeholders to define requirements
- Experience with requirements definition development and traceability through implementation.
- Experience with analysis of architectural data flows and interface definition
- An understanding of networking protocols such as, TCP/IP, IPv4/6, ICMP, SMTP, etc.
- Familiarity with XML/XSD, messaging and schemas
- Understanding of system modeling and SysML
- Experience developing software as a software engineer or design/architect of object oriented software solutions.
- Experience building solutions within a virtualized and/or cloud based environment
- Candidate possess certifications such as CEH, CISSP or INCOSE
- A PhD may be substituted for required education and experience above.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For a complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top