Cyber Software Java Engineer
How do cyber terrorists get past the industries best? They don't. There are too many of us fighting virtual threats, protecting enterprises and entire countries from large-scale attacks. From creating a citywide wireless network for our first responders, to protecting our nation from cyber threats, to building software-defined radios that change how our military communications, our Information Systems team helps life run smoothly and safely.
If you are the sort of person who loves a challenge and likes to be involved in serious organizational and software change -- Then what is happening in the Cyber and Intelligence Mission Solutions Division is the place for you. This is without a doubt one of the most interesting and exciting times to join an organization like ours. The culture is one of excellence; team work, learning, delivered value and people. We are looking for people who love to learn and take initiative to really make this happen.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Cyber Software Java Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located at Annapolis Junction, MD.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Work with team lead to understand tasking and deliver system to required specifications. Work with stakeholders to understand and implement system components. Participate as a member of the SCRUM team in daily stand ups.
Specific duties include:
- Interface with sub-system software and systems engineers; responsible for gathering user requirements, assisting with implementation, and support to system integration & test.
- Programming to include new development, bug fixes, and enhancements, as well as installation, monitoring and configuration programs and scripts.
- Software testing, installation, configuration and upgrading.
- Perform coding and unit test of new system components as they are defined.
- Documentation of all software developed; documentation to include application and interface documentation, Version Description Documents (VDD), User's Manuals, and Trouble Shooting guides.
- Minimum of 7 years in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity as a Software Engineer supporting software architecture development, requirements analysis, process execution and evaluation.
- C experience (5 years).
- Experience with streaming frameworks (IBM Streams, Apache Spark, Storm, etc.).
- Understanding of network & time protocols.
- Ruby, Python, and scripting languages.
- Familiarity with Data Transport formats: JSON, XML.
- Familiarity with ELK stack (ElasticSearch, LogStash, Kibana).
- Linux Experience.
- Version Control Software Experience (GIT).
- Experience with the Atlassian Suite software development tools.
- Experience in some applicable programming language such as the following:
- Experience with No-SQL and SQL databases.
- Experience integrating and testing components, including unit tests, integration tests, and continuous integration systems.
- Exposure to Agile and SCRUM methodology a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional software engineering experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
Security Clearance: An active TS/SCI Clearance with polygraph is Required.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top