Cyber Software Engineering Manager 1 TS/SCI Poly required
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) seeks to fill multiple Manager Positions with ES&T Eastern Region with the Cyber and Intelligence (C&I) Domain for Software Engineering Line Managers. This is a dual role encompassing both people leadership and technical performance.
This position is specifically located in the Chantilly, VA area.
This role will focus on two primary areas of responsibility: team leadership and management, and team technical performance.
Team Leadership and Management: Responsible include staffing and workload forecast; employee inclusion, engagement, mentoring and career development; employee training and identification and training of skills required to execute on programs. The responsibilities include the recruiting, sourcing, onboarding, performance management and contract maintenance for the contractors working in this discipline and geographic area.
Team Technical Performance: Responsibilities could also include support and adherence to standard software processes and technical quality for software system development as well as software performance on various types of development and maintenance contracts with in this discipline and geographic area.
The position requires the leader to communicate not just with CIMS Program managers, but also with other SW department managers, as well as the CIMS Business Facing organization. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. The candidate will work closely with the directors and managers of other engineering disciplines in and out of the Eastern region, program directors and program managers.
The successful candidate will clearly demonstrate strong leadership skills to achieve sustainable top performance. He/she will have a track record as an effective communicator and problem solver who is able to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. This candidate will demonstrate a commitment to ethics and integrity, and the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business. Demonstrated abilities to build diverse and inclusive teams with high levels of engagement, including mentoring and coaching, are a must. This candidate will demonstrate a broad skill set that is balanced between interpersonal, business, and technical capabilities. He/she will have an ability to operate in a team environment and collaborate across the sector business areas as required to accomplish the team goals. The ideal candidate will also be able to champion change within the organization, to achieve competitive advantage for the business.
Minimal travel is expected.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or aSTEM-related program from an accredited college or university and a minimum of 9 years of experience in software development or testing, a Master's Degree and a minimum of 7 years of experience, or a PhD and a minimum of 4 years of experience.
- Active Top Secret clearance with Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) and have a Polygraph.
- Experience leading a software development or test team.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of object oriented and/or functional programming using C#, Java, and/or C++ software application development.
- PMI PMP Certification.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- High proficiency in technical problem solving, to include decomposition, root cause analysis, solution development, implementation and monitoring.
- Master's degree in a relevant technical or management specialty.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top