Cyber Software Engineer 5
How do cyber terrorists get past the industries best? They don't. There are too many of us fighting virtual threats, protecting enterprises and entire countries from large-scale attacks. From creating a citywide wireless network for our first responders, to protecting our nation from cyber threats, to building software-defined radios that change how our military communications, our Information Systems team helps life run smoothly and safely.
If you are the sort of person who loves a challenge and likes to be involved in serious organizational and software change -- Then what is happening in the Cyber and Intelligence Mission Solutions Division is the place for you. This is without a doubt one of the most interesting and exciting times to join an organization like ours. The culture is one of excellence; team work, learning, delivered value and people. We are looking for people who love to learn and take initiative to really make this happen.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Cyber Software Engineer 5 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located at Annapolis Junction, MD.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Work with team lead to understand tasking and deliver system to required specifications. Work with stakeholders to understand and implement system components. Participate as a member of an Agile team in daily stand ups.
Specific duties include:
- Interface with sub-system software and systems engineers; responsible for gathering user requirements, assisting with implementation, and support to system integration & test
- Programming to include new development, bug fixes, and enhancements, as well as installation, monitoring and configuration programs and scripts
- Software testing, installation, configuration and upgrading
- Perform coding and unit test of new system components as they are defined
- Documentation of all software developed; documentation to include application and interface documentation, Version Description Documents (VDD), User's Manuals, and Trouble Shooting guides
* 14+ years' experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
* Minimum 10 years' experience as a Software Developer using OO techniques and Java
* Experience as a Software Engineer supporting software architecture development, requirements analysis, process execution and evaluation.
* 7 years' experience with JAVA and technical experience
* Experience developing REST services
* Experience using Spring/SpringBoot
* Experience with Jenkins, Gradle, Maven and/or Git
* Experience with Machine Shop
* Experience with monitoring tools (e.g. ELK, Prometheus, Graffana, etc)
- Must be able to take the initiative, tackle implementation tasks, and solve problems with minimal guidance, but still be a team player, meaning, be able to accept direction and decisions from the Lead SWE and the Lead SE
- Background in SIGINT, Cyber and/or IA
- 3+ years using container technology (Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, etc)
- Familiarity with Microservice architectures
- Familiarity with Twelve-Factor App methodologies for building software
- Background in use of workflow orchestrators or rules processing engines such DROOL, Camunda, jBPM, or Activiti is a strong plus
- Background in use of JMS (ActiveMQ) topics and queues
- Exposure to Agile methodology a plus
- Developing middleware or presentation layer software is a strong plus
- Maintains and promotes a DEVOPS culture during the design, development, and sustainment process
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top