Cyber Software Engineer 4
How do cyber terrorists get past the industry's best? They don't. There are too many of us fighting virtual threats, protecting enterprises and entire countries from large-scale attacks. From creating a citywide wireless network for our first responders, to protecting our nation from cyber threats, to building software-defined radios that change how our military communicates, our Mission Systems Division helps life run smoothly and safely.
If you are the sort of person who loves a challenge and likes to be involved in serious organizational and software change -- Then what is happening in the Mission Systems Division is the place for you. This is without a doubt one of the most interesting and exciting times to join an organization like ours. The culture is one of excellence; team work, learning, delivered value and people. We are looking for people who love to learn and take initiative to really make this happen.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Senior Cyber Software Engineer 4 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located at Annapolis Junction, MD.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The project provides operations and engineering services, and software development related to the Life Cycle Support necessary to support a segment of intelligence operations. The project is seeking a Software Engineer to perform the following tasks in a fast paced environment:
- Define application objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
- Design and develop user interfaces and applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle, determining design methodologies and tool sets, completing programming using languages and software products, and designing and conducting tests
- Integrate applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; studying and establishing connectivity with network systems and information servers
- Perform application development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Support users by developing documentation and assistance tools
- Research new internet/intranet technologies and software products
- TS/SCI with Polygraph required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university and 10 years' related experience, or a Master's degree and 8 years' related experience, or PhD and 6 years. Four (4) years of additional software engineering experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- Familiar with wireless technologies, Java and Linux.
- Experience with Java, Java Widget Toolkits, Java Persistence API, Subversion, Teamwork, User Interface Design, writing Software Requirements, Software Development Processes, and Software Debugging,
- Experience in the Eclipse development environment
- Experience designing and implementing object oriented solutions in Java
- Basic understanding of modern telephony systems
- Experience with basic networking - Knowledge of SCRUM/AGILE processes
- Experience with cellular technologies
- Familiarity with various signals processing systems
- Experience with tool and/or new technology investigations (i.e. Cost/Benefit Analysis).
- Able to identify and anticipate needs of a user community, development staff, and integrated applications
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top