Cyber Software Engineer 4
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking Software Engineers to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located at Annapolis Junction, MD.
How do cyber terrorists get past the industries best? They don't. There are too many of us fighting virtual threats, protecting enterprises and entire countries from large-scale attacks. From creating a citywide wireless network for our first responders, to protecting our nation from cyber threats, to building software-defined radios that change how our military communicates, our Cyber and Intelligence Mission Solutions Division (CIMS) helps life run smoothly and safely.
If you are the sort of person who loves a challenge and likes to be involved in serious organizational and software change -- Then what is happening in the CIMS Division is the place for you. This is without a doubt one of the most interesting and exciting times to join an organization like ours. The culture is one of excellence; team work, learning, delivered value and people. We are looking for people who love to learn and take initiative to really make this happen.
Work in a fast-paced environment with software and system developers to integrate and test software components into systems to meet requirements.
Specific duties include:
- Work with developers, system engineers and data characterization teams to produce and execute end-to-end, operational, and performance tests
- Take responsibility and ownership for leading releases through their respective Gate 3 deliveries, ensuring compliance with standards and requirements
- Be proactive in taking the appropriate actions to mitigate any risks that may arise, including initial debugging of delivered software
- Diagnose, document, and troubleshoot systems to resolve problems uncovered by testing
- Detail documentation of tests and results
- Develop scripts to incorporate/replace test harness to automate test execution/analysis
- Develop and implement strategies to improve integration and test efficiency to minimize lab testing duration
9 Years with Bachelors in Science; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD. 4 years of additional experience may be substituted for a degree.
Must have active TS/SCI with Polygraph Security Clearance.
- Experience as Software Engineer supporting the full system development lifecycle in a Linux environment
- Experience with software development in Java (evidenced in work history within the past 5 years) with Eclipse, IDE, Spring Framework, Maven, Git and Subversion
- Experience working with computer networks and protocols
- Experience developing and enhancing test plans and procedures
- Candidates must have good interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
Programming skills in a scripting language, e.g. Ruby, Python, Perl
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience with Spring
- Experience with JIRA
- Experience with Jenkins Continuous Integration Tool
- Experience with Jnit Testing Strategies with a particular focus on web service testing and the incorporation of JMock
- Familiar with MongoDB particularly testing strategies and web service interactions
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top