Cyber Software Engineer 3 (TS/SCI/Poly Clearance)
Need #1018 (Cloud Developer Full Performer)
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector/Integrated Intelligence business unit is seeking a Cyber Software Engineer 3 for a program that provides large scale development, testing, deployment and O&M for the HUMINT community. The successful candidate will support the full life cycle development of components using COTS, GOTS, and various in-house applications. The individual will work with members of a diverse project team and participate in the overall design and creation of web-based and other software applications and must possess excellent communication skills.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for supporting the development of big data analytics using C2S managed services and re-design legacy applications to host Java and cloud technologies.
The location is Chantilly, VA.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Design, build and deploy highly scalable, resilient, performant cloud microservices
- Develop code using various programming and scripting languages
- Adhere to approved design plans and coding standards
- Work in an integrated team to continually improve DevOps posture
- Maintain responsibility for microservices components ensuring proper standards, testing, and best practices are followed
- Participate in planning, implementation and growth of microservice footprint
- Work with current application teams to understand current analytics and make migration recommendations of analytic microservices to the cloud environment
- Serve as an expert resource within the development team's efforts to determine the needs of the business that will simplify and automate the application services as well as make them more efficient
- Provide guidance and support to less experienced team members
- Follow appropriate implementation and change management procedures
- Ensure appropriate level of documentation is prepared and baselined
- Review test plans, test files, and scripts for unit testing through integration testing
- Collaborate with user interface designer(s) to ensure microservices developed integrate seamlessly
- Identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement new ones.
- Focus on innovating new and better ways to create solutions that add value
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related STEM degree and a minimum of 5 years related experience.
- Must have an active TS/SCI/Poly Clearance
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on experience working in RESTful API software development with Java in a cloud environment, minimum of 3 years of experience developing microservices on AWS, Azure, or similar cloud platforms, and advanced product knowledge and demonstrated experience with relational, noSQL and/or file based storage (e.g. MongoDB, Cassandra, Oracle, Postgres, etc.)
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) DevOps Professional certification or Developer Associate Certification
- Demonstrated experience working in an Agile scrum team work environment.
- Hands-on experience with distributed cross-platform applications, orchestration and security
- Excellent knowledge and demonstrated experience of software quality process/assurance including automation testing, unit/integration testing, design/code review, code profiling and software continuous integration and continuous deployment pipelines
- Working knowledge of DevOps, Release engineering and Operations approach to automate deployments.
- Working knowledge and demonstrated experience with continuous integration and delivery tools (e.g. Git, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef)
- Working knowledge and demonstrated experience with data volume analysis methodology
- Advanced Product knowledge and demonstrated experience with Java and one or more scripting languages (e.g. Angular, React, Jquery, JSON, XML, Scala, etc.)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top