Cyber Software Engineer 3
Northrop Grumman is excited for the opportunity to help support a critical Department of Defense Mission, supporting the Cyber Mission Forces for the Marine Forces Cyber Command (MARFORCYBER). The work includes providing qualified and trained personnel for Cyber Mission Forces Capability Development which includes but is not limited to technology research, vulnerability assessment, software development, capability integration, system test, and product maintenance as well as to safeguard the IT infrastructure against cyber-based attacks, protect technologies and capabilities, and strengthen the overall security of IT infrastructure that is developed, integrated and/or managed by MARFORCYBER.
Tasks include the following:
- Specify, design, develop, code, test, integrate and document software modules systems and subsystems to provide new functional capabilities and improve existing Cyberspace Operations and enabling systems at a TS/SCI level.
- The employee shall perform reverse engineering of software components and systems to support vulnerability and exploitation analysis. The functions to be implemented include the full spectrum of Cyberspace Operations. Rapid prototyping may also be expected to meet time critical requirements. The Employee shall provide a monthly reports of their progress in all software development and prototyping activities defined in this paragraph,
- Provide CC software development of modules that manipulate pointers, in memory structures, and registers using low-level embedded systems techniques. Some of these techniques include but are not limited to, pointer arithmetic, casting variables to or from structures or arrays, common C preprocessor directives, bit masking, bit shifting for powers of 2, event-driven or state-driven programming, error logging, and exception handling.
- The employee shall perform all aspects of software engineering support required to implement Cyberspace Operations capabilities.
- The employee shall adhere to open standards and modem software development methodologies, including what is considered 'best' practices by the industry to the extent that operational requirements will allow.
- The employee shall provide a monthly Task Order Status Report of their progress in all engineering service activities
- Demonstrate a strong proficiency in computer systems architecture concepts and operating systems internals that include address space layout, program stack, heap, system calls, task scheduling, interrupt or exception handling, device drivers, inter-process communication, in memory operations and paging, task switching, threading, and network communications.
- Demonstrate a strong proficiency in software analysis, architecture, engineering, and integration services at the unit, module, and system levels.
- Possess the knowledge and experience in the fundamental concepts in Internet Protocol (IP) networking and the protocols associated with it.
- The employee shall possess the ability to analyze network IP protocols to search for vulnerabilities or provide solutions to research and development problems. The employee must be able to develop software using sockets and other network programming concepts to enable communication between software modules.
- 5 or more years of experience working in a complex and highly technical software development environment
- 5 year experience in the following: vulnerability and exploitation analysis; requirements engineering; development of software designed to exploit vulnerabilities, interface control diagrams and specifications.
- Bachelor of Science degree or higher in System Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (list of accredited institutions currently recognized available at: https://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/); or, a technical degree with equivalent experience in systems engineering.
- TS/SCI with CI Polygraph
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience developing operational tools for the DoD
- Previous work supporting Cyber Mission Forces for a Service Component
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top