Cyber Software Engineer 2
How do cyber terrorists get past the industry's best? They don't. There are too many of us fighting virtual threats, protecting enterprises and entire countries from large-scale attacks. From creating a citywide wireless network for our first responders, to protecting our nation from cyber threats, to building software-defined radios that change how our military communicates, our Cyber and Intelligence Mission Solutions Division helps life run smoothly and safely.
If you are the sort of person who loves a challenge and likes to be involved in serious organizational and software change -- Then what is happening in the Cyber and Intelligence Mission Solutions Division is the place for you. This is without a doubt one of the most interesting and exciting times to join an organization like ours. The culture is one of excellence; team work, learning, delivered value and people. We are looking for people who love to learn and take initiative to really make this happen.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Cyber Software Engineer 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located at Annapolis Junction, MD.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The candidate will design, develop, document, test and maintain applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions. Conduct multidisciplinary research and collaborate with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software. Determine computer user needs; analyze system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Ensures software standards are met.
Our professionals live and breathe different perspectives here; we are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and well aware that the more ideas, backgrounds, opinions, and experiences we bring to our work, the stronger that work will be. Just as you would invest your time and hard work into our company, we focus on investing back into you through enriching professional experiences and high-quality learning and development opportunities. We want you to bring your whole self to work and for you to have meaningful connections with your coworkers, customers, and communities, while providing the best products, systems, and technologies to protect our world.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university and 2 years' experience. Four (4) years of additional software engineering experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- Experience with Java and/or C/C development
- Must be comfortable developing software in either Windows and/or Linux based environment
Security Clearance: Ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance with polygraph is Required
- Relational database experience (Oracle, MySQL, MariaDB, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of Linux/Unix
- Experience with scripting (such as bash, perl, python, and other scripting tools/language) development
- Experience with JEE development
- Experience with web application and/or Web Service Development
- Experience with web application frameworks such as Rails, Struts, EJB's GWT
- Experience with Cloud Technologies such as HDFS, Accumulo, Cassandra, NiFi, Map/Reduce, and NoSQL
- Experience researching new technology for inclusion/use on customer programs
- Experience contributing to open source applications
- Experience with Scrum/Agile Software Development Methodology
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top