Cyber Software Engineer 2
If you like a challenge and innovating for the future, then join our culture of excellence, team work, and delivering value. We are looking for people who love to learn, take initiative, and set the standards for Hardware and Software Development to really make a difference in the national cybersecurity landscape
Northrop Grumman’s Mission Systems Sector is seeking multiple Cyber Software Engineers to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position will help design, build, integrate, and test various components of resilient systems, from protecting our nation from cyber threats, to creating enterprise wireless networks, to developing software-defined platforms that are capable of carrying out mission-critical operations despite failures, either accidental or deliberate, from people, hardware, or software. These systems must be designed so they are assured to start secure and stay secure. This position will ensure that software standards are met and document all methods and procedures.
- BS Degree in STEM Discipline and two (2) years of experience or MS Degree and zero (0) years.
- Experience in software development with the C programming language
- Experience using LINUX OS
- Experience in Cybersecurity (e.g. CNO)
- Experience in any two of the following:
- Python programming
- Socket programming
- Multi-threaded programming
- Windows, Linux system APIs (POSIX, win32, win native APIs), and/or network devices
- Knowledgeable in Windows programming
- Source code control tools and their usage
- Developing software to suit customer requirements
- Software debugging
- Custom network protocols
- Software design and architecture
- X86/X86_64 assembly
- Windows or Linux Kernel
- Must have good written and oral communication skills
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must have the ability to obtain a TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly clearance
- Experience working in a team environment
- Experience with CAN Bus, 1553 Bus and/or Modbus
- Experience with C or Java programming languages
- Knowledge of general automation programming
- A background in software reverse engineering, analysis and modification
- Knowledge of Linux drivers, subsystems, and network topology
- Experience with penetration testing
- Experience with firmware development
- Experience with Intel x86 chipsets and/or ARM processors
- Experience with combat networked systems such as satellite, UAV, or ground systems
- Knowledge of embedded systems with mission critical aspects.
- Cloud Expertise
- Software Defined Networking Expertise
- C2 or UX experience
- Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) Experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top