Cyber Security/Information AssuranceEngineer 3
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Cyber Security/Information Assurance Engineer to join the Resilient Network Solutions (RNS) operating unit. As part of Northrop Grumman’s business focus area on Communications, RNS
provides world-class communications with a range of capabilities spanning from quick reaction/urgent need programs to complex communication integration efforts. Our Battlefield Airborne Communications Node (BACN) program is the leading supplier of airborne networks, providing flexible content delivery solutions for C2, ISR and disaster relief customers worldwide.
Work performed in San Diego, CA with the possibility of up to 10% travel (CONUS & OCONUS)
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Information Assurance Engineer will provide expertise in the implementation of Department of Defense (DoD) Risk Management Framework (RMF) in accordance with DoDI 8510.01.
- Provide analysis, design, development, implementation and security assessments to ensure compliance with National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publication (SP) 800-53, CNSSI 1253, and DoD RMF Knowledge Service guidance.
- Support the transition from Department of Defense (DoD) Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) to RMF.
- Support the development of RMF documentation created from existing DIACAP documents.
- Serve as a Cyber Security engineer (ISSE) supporting high-level technical and practical expertise
- Apply Cyber Security technologies, including COMSEC, COMPUSEC, EMSEC, and OPSEC, computer systems, digital communications systems, network protocols, computer architectures, and computer security penetration tools and
- Apply analytical and evaluative methods and techniques to issues or studies concerning the efficiency and effectiveness of Cyber Security implementation
- Support the continuous assessment of IA Control compliance for the program
- Creates milestones, metrics and monitors adherence to software plans and
- Schedules, identifies problems and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources or adapting to changing contractual specifications.
- Leads the documentation contributions of others assigned to the program from technical, support, and administrative areas
- Communicate clearly and effectively with the development team and management.
There is the expectation that the hired candidate has the ability to provide recommendations for improvements and enhancements of platforms, systems and labs. A qualified candidate must be able to work in a dynamic and fast paced team environment and provide mentorship and guidance to junior team members.
- BS – Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM)and 5 Years with BS; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD. 9 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- A minimum of one IAW DoD 8570.01-M certificate at Level II for IAT, IAM, IASAE, or CNDSP is required
- 5 years of systems engineering experience with an IA background
- DIACAP (documentation) and IA risk management experience
- Candidate should have good interpersonal skills and be willing to work on a team project
- Must have active Secret Security Clearance
- DoD 8500-series and 8510.01 IA policy directives, approaches to cyber security, knowledge of security procedures, IATO and ATO requirements
- 4 years experience with communication systems and able to work in a quick reaction program environment
- Experience with Battlefield Airborne Communications Node (BACN); BACN Intra flight Data Link Subsystem; Multifunction Advanced Data Link; interoperability testing; and data link simulations and products.
- Additional skills including a combination of one or more of the following: Security certificate desired, CISSP preferred.
- Software engineering experience/familiarity with (JAVA, C ), relational databases; kernel device driver configuring with JBoss and XML files; virtualization (e.g. with VM Ware)
- Working knowledge of Linux System Administration with hands-on experience
- Experience with Fortify, Splunk, Nessus and RMF controls analysis.
- Excellent communication (written and oral), negotiation and interpersonal skills necessary to support known ISSE activities/challenges working with engineering teams, management, customers, partners and government.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top