Cyber Security (System) Engineer 3
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Cyber Security Engineer 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, FL.
The selected candidate will develop and implement cyber security plans and procedures to support various aircraft, space and ground systems.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 5 years of Cyber Security OR Master's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and 3 years of Cyber Security experience
- Experience with DoD C&A activities, security processes, and documentation/reporting using DIACAP, NIST, CNSSI, or NISPOM guidance as required
- Must possess certification as required by DoD Directive 8570 ) for an IASAE Level II Position
- Current DoD Secret security clearance and the ability to maintain it
- Experience with the Risk Management Framework (NIST SP 800-53) and Committee for National Security Systems Instruction (CNSSI 1253)
- Experience with the application of the RMF to the DoD (DoDi 8500.01 Cybersecurity)
- A higly organized self-started with experience with the application of NIST 800-171 (Controlled Unclassified Information)
- Strong problem solving, communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management with little supervision
- Ability to understand and apply company methodologies, standard, and policies
- Knowledge of fundamental information technology principles, concepts and techniques to including software languages, design concepts, test methods, and integration practices
- Experience transitioning from DIACAP to RMF
- Experience using Xacta and eMass
- Experience in documenting the security posture of a system and reporting on security controls assigned to the system
- Experience validating security assessments and reviews
- Experience submitting ongoing authorization inputs and artifacts to support certifying authority's ongoing authorization decisions to operate and test decisions
- Experience performing moderately complex security information technology tasks independently
- Familiarity with Windows and UNIX or Linux based platforms
- Familiarity with TCP/IP and Ethernet networking
- Familiarity with information technology principles, concepts and techniques to including software languages, design concepts, test methods, and integration practices
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top