Cyber Operations/Exercise Planner 2
Do you desire a patriotic role and the chance to defend our nation's cyber infrastructure? Do you enjoy learning about new technologies and how they can be used to provide cutting edge services to our customers? If so, then look to join the Northrop Grumman Mission Systems team.
The Cyber Operations/Exercise Planner 2 role will be located in McLean, VA.
- As a member of the DHS NCCIC National Cyber Exercise and Planning Program (NCEPP), build realistic, challenging, and relevant exercise scenarios that meet strategic and operational exercise objectives for state, local, territorial, tribal, federal, and international stakeholders.
- Provide end to end cyber exercise support including scheduling, coordinating, and conducting planning meetings, work group meetings, and exercise facilitation.
- Gather and analyze facts, draw conclusions, conduct analysis, devise recommended solutions, and package the entire process into briefings, papers, or reports suitable for executive- level leadership.
- Support full spectrum of cyber exercises including: Seminars/Workshops, Tabletop Exercises (TTX), Functional Exercises (FE) and Full-Scale Exercises (FSE).
- Represent the organization as the prime technical, cyber and exercise, contact during exercise planning, conduct, and post exercise. Interact with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
Basic Qualifications - To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field and a minimum of 2 years related technical experience required.
- Active Top Secret Security Clearance with SCI eligibility is required. In addition, selected candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a favorably adjudicated DHS background investigation (EOD) for continued employment.
- Planning and conducting exercises and report preparation experience is required.
- Understanding of the various types of cyber threats and attack vectors, and the consequences of cyber attacks.
- Strong ability to schedule, announce, plan, coordinate and execute large-scale, dynamic planning conferences, work group meetings, interim progress reviews, teleconferences and both secure and unclassified video-teleconferences.
Preferred Qualifications - Candidates with these preferred skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP) course.
- Cyber related certifications (CISSP, CompTIA Security , etc.).
- Other FEMA emergency response or COOP training.
- Ability to lead a team of exercise planners during the planning and conduct of cyber exercises.
- Ability to produce results in a fast-paced environment with the ability to meet iterative deadlines.
- Ability to facilitate discussion based exercises for groups of up to 100 people.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top