Cyber Malware Analyst 3/4
Do you desire a patriotic role and the chance to defend our nation's cyber infrastructure? Do you enjoy learning about new technologies and how they can be used to provide cutting edge services to our customers? If so, then look to join the Northrop Grumman Mission Systems team.
The Cyber Malware Analyst 3/4 position will be located in McLean, VA. This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
- Selected candidate will collect and analyze event information and perform threat or target analysis duties.
- Provides operations for persistent monitoring on a 24/7 basis of all designated networks, enclaves, and systems.
- Interprets, analyzes, and reports all events and anomalies in accordance with Computer Network directives, including initiating, responding, and reporting discovered events.
- Manages and executes first-level responses and addresses reported or detected incidents.
- Reports to and coordinates with external organizations and authorities.
- Coordinates and distributes directives, vulnerability, and threat advisories to identified consumers.
- Provides daily summary reports of network events and activities and delivers metric reports.
- Recommend counter measures to malware and other malicious type code and applications that exploit customer communication systems.
- Conduct reverse engineering for known and suspected malware files.
- Develop analysis and make recommendations for the purchase of hardware and or software that will mitigate malware intrusions.
- Develop policies and procedures to investigate malware incidents for the entire computer network.
- Assist in the development and delivery of malware security awareness products and briefings.
Basic Qualifications - To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below. This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below. This requisition may be filled at either a level 3 or 4.
- A Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 5 years related technical experience required for the level 3 role.
- A Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 9 years related technical experience required for the level 4 role.
- Active Top Secret Security Clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI is required. In addition, selected candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a favorably adjudicated DHS background investigation (EOD) for continued employment.
- Experience developing advanced technological ideas and guiding their development into a final product.
- Experience serves as an organizational spokesperson on advanced projects and/or programs.
- Experience in reverse engineering.
- Debugging and Debugger experience.
- Disassembling/disassemblers experience.
Preferred Qualifications - Candidates with these preferred skills will be given preferential consideration:
- DHS EOD.
- MSCE, CCNA, CCNO, or CISSP Certification.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top