Cyber Linux Systems Engineer 4: TS/SCI/Poly
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is currently seeking a Cyber Linux Systems Engineer 4 to assist in the engineering and integration of applications on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud.
The ideal candidate will provide engineering tasks and infrastructure services associated with system requirements, design and development of IT systems including platforms, environment changes and upgrades. Provide approved enhancements, upgrades and testing to Linux based hardware and operating systems. The engineer will provide LINUX engineering support for existing and future application services development activities and O&M.
Support approved enhancements, upgrades and testing for UNIX/LINUX infrastructure baselines (legacy hardware & software; infrastructure services O&M.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Install, configure, integrate, deploy, upgrade, and manage cloud based infrastructure
- Perform day-to-day system administration duties on Linux servers across development, acceptance, and production environments supporting critical applications
- Collaborate with the System Engineering and development teams to troubleshoot system and application issues.
- Respond, resolve, and automate common procedures used to resolve incident and change request tickets.
- Scripting for automating tasks in Bash or Python.
- Assist in deploying applications into the various environments.
- Develop and document Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the IT Infrastructure.
- Communicates with other program personnel, government overseers and senior executive
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related STEM degree and a minimum of 9 years related experience. An additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Active TS/SCI/Poly Clearance
- Solid understanding of platform infrastructure technologies
- Experience engineering solutions in Linux/Unix
- Experience with automated/scripted configuration of Linux servers.
- Experience with infrastructure management tools like Chef or Puppet.
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS), and provisioning and maintaining EC2 instances on AWS.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top