Cyber Information Assurance Analyst 1
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Cyber Information Sys Security
team member to join the Cyber Information Systems Security (ISS) team in San Diego, CA. The ISS team consists of Information Systems Security Officers (ISSOs) and Information Systems Security Managers (ISSMs), Information Systems Security Engineers (ISSEs), and Information Systems Security Auditors (ISAs). The selected candidate will perform one or more of these roles. The ISS organization has overall responsibility for providing security oversight to all Northrop Grumman classified systems under their respective purview.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Implement Risk Management Framework (RMF), through the required government policy (i.e., NISPOM, JSIG, ICD etc.), make recommendations on process tailoring, participate in and document process activities.
- Perform assessments of systems and networks within the networking environment or enclave and identify where those systems and networks deviate from acceptable configurations, enclave policy, or local policy. This is achieved through passive evaluations such as compliance audits and active evaluations such as vulnerability assessments.
- Establish strict program control processes to ensure mitigation of risks and supports obtaining certification and accreditation of systems. Includes support of process, analysis, coordination, security certification test, security documentation, as well as investigations, software research, hardware introduction and release, emerging technology research inspections and periodic audits.
- Perform analyses to validate established security requirements and to recommend additional security requirements and safeguards. Support the formal Security Test and Evaluation (ST&E) required by each government accrediting authority through pre-test preparations, participation in the tests, analysis of the results and preparation of required reports.
- Document the results of Assessment and Authorization activities and technical or coordination activity and prepare the System Security Plans and update the Plan of Actions and Milestones POA&M. Periodically conduct a complete review of each system's audits and monitor corrective actions until all actions are closed.
- Review weekly information systems security audits.
- Security configuration management.
- Security account administration.
- Evaluate system security plan documentation.
- Continuous security monitoring.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Active Secret Security Clearance.
- Ability to obtain DoD 8570 IAM 1 Compliant Certification (i.e. security ) within 6 months.
- Bachelor's or master's degree with a technical emphasis (e.g. Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, EE).
- Experience with security hardening, assessment and reporting tools (SCAP, ACAS, HBSS, WASSP, Nessus, XACTA).
- Experience with performing security audits.
- Active Top Secret Security Clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top