Cyber Incident Response Analyst/Security Watch Officer 3/4
Do you desire a patriotic role and the chance to defend our nation's cyber infrastructure? Do you enjoy learning about new technologies and how they can be used to provide cutting edge services to our customers? If so, then look to join the Northrop Grumman Mission Systems team.
The Cyber Incident Response Analyst/Security Watch Officer 3/4 position will be located in Arlington, VA. The candidate selected for this role must be able to support shift work.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
- Support the development of staff schedules and staffing forecasts for approval.
- Ensure shift members follow the appropriate incident escalation and reporting procedures.
- Provides support promptly and efficiently through front-line telephone and email communications.
- Ingest, triage, prioritize, assign, track, document, and manage incidents and results
- Provide technical support in response to computer security incidents
- Correlate, map, and fuse any and all incident information for the development and distribution of cyber alerts and notices, or other products as required
- Document technical details of current or potential intruder threats consistent with NIST 800-61: Computer Security Incident Handling Guide. Must be flexible and able to work within a 24X7X365 support environment.
- Manage information, requests, that may be considered out of the scope of the incident management service and route appropriately
- Coordinate, communicate, share information, and work closely with DHS components
- Assist with developing and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures
- The person filling this role may attend meetings and discussions, interface with industry or outside agencies for the purpose of taking notes and doing assessments.
Basic Qualifications - To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below. This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below. This requisition may be filled at either a level 3 or 4.
- A Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 5 years related technical experience required for the level 3 role.
- A Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 9 years related technical experience required for the level 4 role.
- Active or ability to obtain a Top Secret Security Clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI is required. In addition, selected candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a favorably adjudicated DHS background investigation (EOD) for continued employment.
- The candidate selected for this role must be able to support shift work.
- Experience implementing technical specifications, system requirements and other related application design information.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top