Cyber Incident Response Analyst 2/3
Do you desire a patriotic role and the chance to defend our nation's cyber infrastructure? Do you enjoy learning about new technologies and how they can be used to provide cutting edge services to our customers? If so, then look to join the Northrop Grumman Mission Systems team.
The Cyber Incident Response Analyst 2/3 position will be located in Arlington, VA. This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
- Collects and analyzes event information and performs threat or target analysis duties.
- Provides operations for persistent monitoring on a 24/7 basis of all designated networks, enclaves, and systems. Interprets, analyzes, and reports all events and anomalies in accordance with Computer Network directives, including initiating, responding, and reporting discovered events.
- Provides oversight of incident data flow and response, content, and remediation, and partners with other incident response centers in maintaining an understanding of threats, vulnerabilities, and exploits that could impact networks and assets.
- Performs real-time proactive security monitoring and reporting on various security enforcement systems, such as SIEM, Anti-virus, Internet content filtering/reporting, malcode prevention, Firewalls, IDS & IPS, Web security, Anti-spam, etc.
- Performs the role of primary Incident Coordinator for all IT Security events requiring focused response, containment, investigation, and remediation.
- Manages and executes first-level responses and addresses reported or detected incidents.
- Reports to and coordinates with external organizations and authorities.
- Coordinates and distributes directives and vulnerability and threat advisories to identified consumers.
- Provides daily summary reports of network events and activities and delivers metric reports.
Basic Qualifications - To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below. This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below. This requisition may be filled at either a level 2 or 3.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology (IT) or other related technical field and a minimum of 2 years' experience required for the level 2 role.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology (IT) or other related technical field and a minimum of 5 years' experience required for the level 3 role.
- Active Top Secret Security Clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI is required. In addition, selected candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a favorably adjudicated DHS background investigation (EOD) for continued employment.
- Experience working cyber incident management.
- Threat/network defense and troubleshooting experience required.
Preferred Qualifications - Candidates with these preferred skills will be given preferential consideration:
- DHS Suitability at the SCI Level.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top