Cyber Incident Analyst Responder 3
Senior Analysts (SA) will supervise the technical execution of Incident Management functions as well as directly respond to severe network incidents. SA staff will use various techniques to discover and resolve evidence of malicious activity or open vulnerabilities on the Marine Corps Enterprise Network (MCEN). Technical execution will align with CJCSM 6510.01A "Information Assurance (IA) and Computer Network Defense (CND) Volume 1 (Incident Handling Program)," dated 24 Jun 2009 or later. The Senior Analyst will analyze network anomalies identified from various sources, from IPS/IDS alerts to external and internal reporting. If these anomalies are deemed to be malicious activity, the SA will coordinate host and network wide mitigation strategies to remove malware and sever its communication channels. The Senior Analyst will also serve as an escalation point for junior analysts working similar activity.
BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related degree with 5 years of experience OR 9 years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Two (2 ) years Computer Network Defense (CND) experience. Four (4) additional years of CND experience will be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Advanced understanding of the OSI model and TCP/IP stack as well as it's well known ports and services.
- Knowledge of CND policies, regulations and compliance documents specific to the DoD.
- Familiarity with CJCSM 6510.01B.
- Understanding of functionality and capabilities of computer network defense technologies, to include: Router ACLs,
Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Anti-virus, Web Content Filtering.
- Must have a DoD Secret Clearance
- Network Traffic and Packet Analysis
- System and file analysis
- 8570 Compliant for IAT III CND Analyst or ability to become compliant within 180 days of hire: One of the following: CISA,
GSNA or CEH AND one of the following: CISA, GSE, SCNA, GCIH or CISSP.
8570 Compliant for IAT III CND Analyst
- One of the following: CISA, GSNA or CEH AND one of the following: CISA, GSE, SCNA, GCIH or CISSP.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top