Cyber Incident Analyst Responder 3 (16-191)
Northrop Grumman is seeking experienced Cyber Incident Analyst Responders for a program located at Schriever, Air Force Base in Colorado Springs, CO.
This position description does not represent a current opening but may be used to identify candidates with skills and experience for positions within Northrop Grumman that frequently become available. Candidates who express an interest may be considered for future positions at Northrop Grumman.
Responsibilities for this Pipeline requisition are:
- Responsible for implementing and enforcing national, DOD (8500.2, 5200.2-R, etc.), and MDA security policies and directives.
- Oversees intrusion detection, boundary protection and vulnerability assessment operations to defend the C2BMC component of the Ballistic Missile Defense Communications Network (BMD COMNET) and C2BMC mission systems and services.
- Develops a network defense visibility display and directs/executes time sensitive adjustments to the network security posture to minimize or counter operational risk.
- The Network Defender will collect, store and present data and metrics for use by senior leaders to conduct Operational Risk Management (ORM) decisions on the network security posture and perform proactive security functions established to assist BMD organizations in deterring, detecting, isolating, containing, and recovering from information system (IS) and network security intrusions and mitigating known network vulnerabilities.
- The Network Defender will operate and administer the BMD provided IA/CND suite, to include firewalls, correlated log analysis, intruder alert and related services to protect BMD COMNET infrastructure and information services from internal and external threats.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
- Position requires 24x7 shift work.
- Candidate will be assigned to a shift to be determined by mission requirements.
- Some substitute rotation during off-shifts, including nights and weekends will be required.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5 years of professional experience or 9 years in lieu of a degree
- Active Secret clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For a complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top