Cyber Cloud Software Engineer
How do cyber terrorists get past the industries best? They don't. There are too many of us fighting virtual threats, protecting enterprises and entire countries from large-scale attacks. From creating a citywide wireless network for our first responders, to protecting our nation from cyber threats, to building software-defined radios that change how our military communications, our Information Systems team helps life run smoothly and safely.
If you are the sort of person who loves a challenge and likes to be involved in serious organizational and software change -- Then what is happening in the Cyber and Intelligence Mission Solutions Division is the place for you. This is without a doubt one of the most interesting and exciting times to join an organization like ours. The culture is one of excellence; team work, learning, delivered value and people. We are looking for people who love to learn and take initiative to really make this happen.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Cloud Software Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located at Annapolis Junction, MD.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Looking for a Cloud Software Engineer who is well-versed in Java, C, and C , and who is comfortable interacting with all phases of the development process. The candidate should be able to engage well with both policy data flow and compliance. The candidate will use a working knowledge of HDFS, JSON objects, and Rules Engines. In addition, the candidate will test software using JUnit, and he or she will interact with Nifi flows and Unix/Linux OS.
- 5 years of overall IT experience.
- Java in a Linux environment.
- Knowledge of Nifi flows and understanding of different ingest file formats.
- Demonstrated work experience with the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS).
- Experience deploying applications in a cloud environment.
- Understanding of Big-Data Cloud Scalability (Amazon, Google, Facebook).
- Hadoop/Cloud Developer Certification.
- Experience designing and developing automated analytic software, techniques, and algorithms.
- Experience with linguistics (grammar, morphology, concepts).
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional software engineering experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
Security Clearance: An active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph is Required.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top