Cyber Architect 5
Northrop Grumman's Technology Services Sector is seeking a Cyber Architect in our McLean, VA office.
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence and become part of Northrop Grumman's team to support Internal Research and Development (IRAD) efforts to enhance and evolve our capabilities in secure cloud computing for our internal and external customers. Northrop Grumman is seeking qualified and experienced Cloud Architects to be a part of the Northrop Grumman Technical Services organization providing support across the Northrop Grumman sectors and divisions.
In support of IRAD initiative, in this position you will be responsible for the cloud computing architecture, design, and deployment of new cloud-based services and current managed services to the cloud platform(s). You will serve as the subject matter expert and lead technologist for all technical aspects of the cloud solution to include approach, architecture, analysis, technologies, cost, development and execution to support a diverse set of government requirements. As a team, you will implement IaaS, PaaS and SaaS technologies, cloud management tools, and network virtualization technologies to develop an integrated cloud platform infrastructure. Efforts include the research, evaluation and application of applicable best practices for the design and administration of cloud-based services. You will assist with the creation and maintenance of standard cloud computing policies, operating procedures, and overall documentation including system lifecycle documents and artifacts from the requirements to system implementation phases.
Leveraging IRAD initiatives and in support of internal and external business development, efforts include the following;
- Foster and maintain relationships among technical vendors germane to Cloud Adoption and maturity efforts in order to identify pertinent technological trends and potential disruptors
- Deliver and or support form presentations to senior government customers regarding c=cloud computing capabilities and solutions.
- Identify and champion organizational and process changes that support automated cloud provisioning.
- Help establish a strategy and approach to transform customer infrastructure and development environment to a Cloud based solution
- Drive requirements for the customer, integrating multiple cloud capabilities and scenarios supporting the service such as service availability, quality, outage management, subscription management, correlation of usage and charges, and cost efficient solution architecture.
- Provide high-level architectural expertise to managers and technical staff, and customers
- Function as a technical expert on project assignments, and must possess the ability to apply a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments
- Plan and lead major technology assignments, with the potential to supervise others in doing so.
- A Bachelor's Degree in computer Science IT or related field and 14 years relevant experience (architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications) or Master Degree in Computer Science IT or related disciplines and 10 years relevant experience
- Five years of experience implementing web services and designing software and hardware systems running in a virtualized environment.
- Five years of experience with high availability, multi-tenant cloud based services in a distributed datacenter(s) configuration supporting disaster recovery and continuity of operations.
- A demonstrated history of contributing to the execution of large-scale technical projects.
- Detailed knowledge of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends
- Working knowledge of LAN/WAN design and implementation, operations, management, and security.
- Extensive experience in IT relevant industry areas and an understanding of the surrounding strategic issues that may impact customers.
- Able to exercise leadership effectively for virtual teams without having a direct line authority for team members.
- Experience with managing 3rd party technology partners and vendor relationships.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills at both the engineering and senior executive levels.
- Superior analytical and problem-resolution skills, with attention to details.
- Has a deep understanding of system development in cloud environments, including Software as Service (SaaS), Platform as Service (PaaS), or Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS). Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Prior work experience in Architecture position within a software and/or services company.
- High energy, strong work ethic, and able to perform within condensed timeframes.
- Professional demeanor and attitude.
- Essential qualifications include the ability to quickly adapt to new situations; strong commitment to a team environment; willingness to learn new technologies; ability to de-conflict requests/requirements; able to establish, maintain and follow documented processes and procedures.
- Experience with VMware and Redhat Linux cloud management platform technologies
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top