Cyber Architect 4
The Cyber Architect will serve directly as the subject matter expert (SME) for all system security engineering matters and will provide technical security consultation, guidance and leadership in the architecture, design, development, and deployment of secure systems infrastructure. The Cyber architect is also responsible for understanding functional system requirements and deriving security controls to provide technical implementation solutions to various engineering teams in order to comply with federal system requirements. The Cyber architect will also provide guidance and assistance to program security engineers in support of the Assessment and Authorization (A&A) process to ensure systems successfully achieve an Authority to Operate (ATO).
Additional responsibilities include: providing technical oversight including bid and proposal inputs for future work, independent technical reviews of major programs and R&D projects as well as interfacing with senior management and customers; establish and maintain the Cyber specific discipline processes and tools for NGMS programs; facilitate and promote Affordability, Knowledge Management, Engineering Utilization, and other process improvement initiatives including the implementation and monitoring of metrics covering engineering efficiency and quality, as well as sharing of lessons learned and best practices throughout the organization.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate success in applying leadership characteristics to achieve sustainable top performance, a commitment to ethics and integrity, and the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business. In this role, the ideal candidate will possess the ability to balance programmatic needs to deliver results within cost, schedule, and quality parameters while encouraging and rewarding innovative behaviors through all levels of the organization. Demonstrated abilities to lead diverse and inclusive teams with high levels of engagement, including mentoring and coaching. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in influencing the direction of technology discriminators, including identifying and championing change within the organization, to achieve competitive advantage for the business.
- Bachelors in Science, 4 years relevant experience in lieu of a degree, and 9 years of related experience; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD.
- Active TS clearance with SCI eligibility
- Working knowledge of NIST 800-53 RMF process
- Working knowledge of Engineering Metrics, processes, and tools
- Ability to identify system architecture, design and operational vulnerabilities, and make recommendations to address deficient areas
- Experience deriving security controls/requirements to provide technical criteria to system developers for successful implementation within the software/system development lifecycle
- Current DoD 8570 compliant certification (CISSP, Security )
- Hands-on experience with the ability to direct system administrator to securely configure systems per customer security standards, community best practices and benchmarks
- Experience leading the certification of information systems per DCID 6/3 and/or ICD 503 standards
- Experience leading and conducting security testing activities using automated vulnerability assessment tools (i.e. Retina, Nessus, etc.) and ST&E plan to verify security requirement compliance
- Experience securing virtualization technologies to include virtual software, machines and appliances
- Experience drafting and updating security artifacts such as: CTP/ST&E, SSP, Security CONOP, Security Architecture, Privileged User's Guide (PUG), POA&M, SRTM, ISA, RMM etc.
- Experience in secure coding principles
- Experience delivering operational mission systems
- Experience with security trade studies and use case development
- Knowledge and experience with DoDAF or another Enterprise Architectural Framework Expertise with RMF process and creation of artifacts
- Bachelors or master's degree in Engineering or other STEM disciple
- Current, industry recognized computer/operating systems related certifications
- Experience as a technical leader and visionary
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top