Cyber Application/Software Developer 3
Do you desire a patriotic role and the chance to defend our nation’s cyber infrastructure? Do you enjoy learning about new technologies and how they can be used to provide cutting edge services to our customers? If so, then look to join the Northrop Grumman team. The selected applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman’s NEO Horizon program, formerly called United States Computer Emergency Readiness (US-CERT), responsible for analyzing and reducing cyber threats and vulnerabilities, disseminating cyber threat warning information, and coordinating incident response activities. NEO Horizon provides advanced network and digital media analysis expertise and defends against malicious activity targeting networks within the United States and abroad.
The Cyber Application/Software Developer 3 position will be located in McLean, VA.
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software.
- Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
- Ensures software standards are met.
- Represents the organization as the prime technical contact on contracts and projects.
- Interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
Basic Qualifications – To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Cyber Security, Information Technology or a related technical discipline with a minimum of 5 years related experience required.
- Active or ability to obtain a Top Secret Security Clearance is required. In addition, selected candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a favorably adjudicated DHS background investigation (EOD) for continued employment.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and deploying software platforms used across multiple products.
- Demonstrated experience ensuring accuracy of code through testing, requirements analysis, writing clear documentation & assisting with problem resolution.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing and translating functional specifications & change requests into technical specifications.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top