Cyber Analytics Software Engineer 4
How do cyber terrorists get past the industries best? They don't. There are too many of us fighting virtual threats, protecting enterprises and entire countries from large-scale attacks. From creating a citywide wireless network for our first responders, to protecting our nation from cyber threats, to building software-defined radios that change how our military communications, our Information Systems team helps life run smoothly and safely.
If you are the sort of person who loves a challenge and likes to be involved in serious organizational and software change -- Then what is happening in the Cyber and Intelligence Mission Solutions Division is the place for you. This is without a doubt one of the most interesting and exciting times to join an organization like ours. The culture is one of excellence; team work, learning, delivered value and people. We are looking for people who love to learn and take initiative to really make this happen.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Cyber Software Engineer 4 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located at Annapolis Junction, MD.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This is a Software Engineering position that involves designing, developing, building and deploying software code to implement streaming analytics that involves the full software development lifecycle.
- Use object-oriented software methodologies.
- Write and implement code using real-time streaming software frameworks.
- Write and implement code to interact with object-relational as well as NoSQL distributed databases.
- Be proficient in writing and building C code on the LINUX operating system.
- Write LINUX based scripts for code integration and cron jobs.
- C/C Software Development Language.
- Unit Test framework with code coverage (e.g., ATF – automated Testing framework, CUTE – C Unit Test Easier).
- ORDBMS (e.g., MySql, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Sybase).
- Familiarity with LINUX based scripts (e.g. Bourne, C, Ruby, Python, etc.).
- Distributed NoSQL Database system (e.g., MongoDB, Accumulo, Redis, HBase, Cassandra).
- Familiarity with streaming frameworks (e.g., STORM, Apache Spark, Distillery).
- Familiarity with Atlassian tool suite (e.g. Git, Stash, Jira ticketing, confluence, etc.
- Data formats (e.g., JSON, XML, HTML and XHTML DOM).
- Build code using Maven.
- Various Network protocols (e.g, HTTP, TCP, SSH, SSL, FTP, etc.).
- REST WebServices.
- LINUX operating system.
- Be able to rapidly generate and deploy code via IDE (e.g., Eclipse, IntelliJ, NetBeans).
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional software engineering experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
Security Clearance: An active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph is Required.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top