Cyber Analyst 4 (17-105,17-107)
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) was selected by the U.S. Missile Defense Agency to participate on the Missile Defense National Team. This team was chartered to develop a Ballistic Missile Defense System for the United States. Missile Defense and Protective Systems (MDPS) serves as Northrop Grumman Mission Systems' focal point for all activities associated with missile defense, including Command, Control, Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC), simulation & modeling, systems engineering, and target discrimination.
The candidate should be knowledgeable of the security concepts, protocols, and processes used to monitor and utilize collaborative/informative tools supporting the Defensive Cyber Operations Internal Defensive Measures (DCO-IDM) and Response Actions (DCO-RA) missions. Monitor and assess Critical Infrastructure (CI) impacts to operational capability and assess mission risk to the C2BMC information, information systems, and networks. Analyze and assess potential impacts, report results of the analysis and assessment, and develop rapid response and effective mitigation of potential cyber-attacks or indicators of compromise (IOC), risks, and exposures to the C2BMC through the use of open source as well as DoD cyber threat intelligence information. Conduct internal Blue Team/Penetration Testing of the C2BMC element of the BMDS to identify areas of concern and provide recommendations for mitigation of risks to the system.
- Active Secret clearance
- 9 Years with Bachelors in Science; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with Ph.D. or 13 years in lieu of a degree
- Must meet certification requirements of DoD 8570 IAT-II (CCNA-Security, GICSP, GSEC, Security CE, SSCP)
- Advanced knowledge and experience in active hunt methodologies, including capability and process improvement methods
- Thorough understanding of insider, adversarial, and persistent threats, including associated techniques, tactics, and procedures (TTPs)
- Ability to collect and analyze host and network forensics data
- Expertise in TCP/IP, Windows, and Linux operating systems, malware identification and eradication, Indicators of Compromise (IoC), access control, standard security configuration and best practices, and cyber incident response activities.
- Understanding of the anatomy of a cyber attack
- Ability to communicate complex information, concepts, or ideas in a confident and well-organized manner
- Ability to provide technical and analytical expertise for investigation or validation of potential network and/or system anomalous behavior
- Knowledge of cyber security, network attack, computer network defense and exploitation concepts, practices, and tools for the administration of all DoD computer systems
- Knowledge and proficiency in technical writing
- Previous experience and sound knowledge of C2BMC System or Missile Defense
- Experience within Department of Defense cyber mission forces and/or cyber protection teams, or incident response / CERT teams
- C|EH, GCIA, GCFA, GCIH, OSCP, GSNA certifications
- Python, PHP, Perl, or PowerShell scripting experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top