Cyber Analyst 3 (18-056)
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) was selected by the U.S. Missile Defense Agency to participate on the Missile Defense National Team. This team was chartered to develop a Ballistic Missile Defense System for the United States. Missile Defense and Protective Systems (MDPS) serves as Northrop Grumman Mission Systems' focal point for all activities associated with missile defense, including Command, Control, Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC), simulation & modeling, systems engineering, and target discrimination.
- Provides Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO) planning, execution, and follow-on support for the C2BMC element of the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS).
- .Researches, develops, and recommends appropriate cybersecurity countermeasures for networks, systems, and/or applications to support mission assurance across defined key cyber terrain.
- The Cyber Analyst will apply broad DCO technical, operational, and policy expertise in the development of defensive maturity concepts and identifies capability needs that support a robust Protect, Detect, Respond, Recover (PDRR) methodology for C2BMC.
- Additionally, this individual will provide comprehensive expertise in defensive cyberspace operations, research and analysis, as well as capability development with focus on addressing emerging threats.
- Position is primarily Mon - Fri, however after hour and weekend support may be required to meet operational mission requirements.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with5+ years of professional experience, or 9 years in lieu of a degree
- Must meet certification requirements of DoD 8570 IAT II (CCNA-Security, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP)
- Active DoD Secret Clearance is required for this position
- Advanced knowledge and experience in active hunt methodologies, including capability and process improvement methods
- Thorough understanding of insider, adversarial, and persistent threats, including associated techniques, tactics, and procedures (TTPs)
- Ability to collect and analyze host and network forensics data
- Expertise in TCP/IP, Windows and Linux operating systems, malware identification and eradication, Indicators of Compromise (IoC), access control, standard security configuration and best practices, and cyber incident response activities.
- Understanding of the anatomy of a cyber attack
- Ability to communicate complex information, concepts, or ideas in a confident and well-organized manner
- Ability to provide technical and analytical expertise for investigation or validation of potential network and/or system anomalous behavior
- Knowledge of cybersecurity, network attack, computer network defense and exploitation concepts, practices, and tools for the administration of all DoD computer systems
- Knowledge and proficiency in technical writing
- Previous experience and sound knowledge of C2BMC System or Missile Defense
- Experience within Department of Defense cyber mission forces and/or cyber protection teams, or incident response / CERT teams
- C|EH, GCIA, GCFA, GCIH, OSCP, GSNA certifications highly desirable
- Python, PHP, Perl, or PowerShell scripting experience
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top