Cost Estimating Analyst 2
Estimates labor and material costs of manufacturing and engineering based on request for proposal (RFP) data submitted by prospective customers. Analyzes specifications, including sketches, blueprints, bills of material, or sample layouts, and calculates production costs using labor and material pricing schedules and historical data. Collects cost data from functional representatives, subcontractors, and vendors. Computes cost estimates of raw materials or subcontracted work and labor. Prepares and maintains historical cost data. Creates cost models for cost estimating elements. Prepares cost reports and presents findings to management, contract personnel, proposal coordinators, customer representatives, price auditors, vendors, and subcontractors.Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or other disciplines requiring Statistical Analysis
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance and SAP access.
- Knowledge of aerospace production operation function's tasks and processes
- Aerospace experience is a plus
- Basic understanding of Wright and Crawford theories of improvement in a Manufacturing environment
- Understanding of Time Standards, Variance Factors, and the Elements of Variance
- Estimating / proposal related experience.
- Experience performing data and trend analysis
- Detail Focused, Analytical Individual
- Currently Active DoD clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top