Cost Control Analyst 3
Astro Aerospace, aStrategic Business Unit of Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems, is currently insearch of a Cost Control Analyst to support deployable spacecraftmechanisms in our Oxnard, CA facilities. Astro is the industry leader inspace deployable systems, and since 1958, Astro Aerospace has enabled complexmissions to Earth orbit, Mars and beyond with innovative deployable spacestructures and mechanisms. Our products have been successfully deployed onhundreds of space missions with 100% successful missions in space.
The Cost Control Analyst will beresponsible for the following:
- Set up cost control system, monitor and control costs and forecast on contracts.
- Perform analyses and prepare reports in order to ensure that contracts are within negotiated and agreed-upon parameters and government cost control guidelines.
- Prepare program plans to ensure program requirements and statement of work are captured and forecasted.
- Ensure adequate funding availability by maintaining accurate records of expenditures, directing preparation of expenditure projections, and submitting timely requests for additional funding to the government.
- Incorporate contractual changes into control systems by staying aware of outstanding work against each contract in order to maintain realistic contract cost baselines.
- Create financial charts in support of program management and program reviews.
- Oversee billings and collections to the customer to assure timely cash flow.
- Provide business oversight, interface with applicable customers and auditors (internal and external) and assist with contract negotiations as needed to ensure sound business deals within authorized parameters are achieved.
- Interface with diverse functional areas to ensure risks are understood and financial performance is achieved.
- Estimate at Completion (EAC) preparation and analysis.
- Indirect rate formulation/analysis.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business with a minimum of six (6) years of applicable experience in finance, accounting or program control; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess an advanced understanding of Cost Accounting Standards (CAS); Federal Cost Principles including: direct versus indirect, allowable vs. unallowable, forward pricing rate proposals (FPRPs) development, negotiation and execution, and Earned Value Management (EVM).
- Must be proficient in developing and motivating a productive staff in a team environment with excellent interpersonal, planning and presentation skills.
- Experience in financial planning to include Annual Operating Plan development and budgeting to include Capital expenditures and charitable contributions.
- Working knowledge of EVMS as applied to major government contracts.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (including advanced Excel skills using pivot tables), MPM, Costpoint and Cogno (or similar systems)
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize and adjust tasks to accomplish program results.
- Ability to prepare and analyze data and figures.
- Ability to comprehend and analyze complex problems and develop solutions.
- Ability to perform work in an approved environment during specific work hours.
- Comfortable networking and interfacing with employees outside the organization.
- US Citizenship required.
- MBA or CPA certification.
- Ability to develop and present material outside the immediate work function.
This position is located in Oxnard,CA. Occasional travel to Carpinteria is required.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining adiverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative ActionEmployer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex,sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age,veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our completeEEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S.Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top