Contracts Manager 2
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects?
If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
The Northrop Grumman Global Logistics & Modernization division of Northrop Grumman Technology Services is looking for a Contracts Manager Level 2 to join the Systems Modernization, Engineering and Sustainment business unit in Warner Robins, GA.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with co-workers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance.
At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The Contracts Manager will be in a leadership role and must provide contractual strategy, advice and counsel to various levels within Northrop Grumman.
- Responsible for contract administration oversight for all contractual efforts at the SMES facility, while mentoring other contracts personnel.
- This key position will require excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability solve complex problems and interact professionally with various levels of management within Northrop Grumman as well as with various representatives of Government agencies.
- This position will require a candidate who can positively influence team members in order to maximize their efforts toward achieving program goals.
- You will negotiate, administer, extend, and terminate standard and nonstandard agreements, be highly self-motivated and have the ability to prioritize multiple complex issues in a dynamic environment.
- Will be responsible for conducting proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration, review and approval of proposals, contractual documents and customer contact activities to protect the company and provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, procedures, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
- Will examine estimates of material, equipment services, performance requirements, and delivery schedules to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Will be responsible for daily operations of a team or work unit (direct supervision of the staff, assignment of work, schedules, day to day workflow, etc.) and will provide direction to subordinates, as required, using established policies and precedents. Work is reviewed for adequacy in meeting objectives. Will be responsible for ensuring compliant deliverables for all contracts assigned to the organizational group.
- You may also conduct briefings for internal and external customers.
- Bachelor's degree plus a minimum of 10 years relevant experience with U.S. Government contract administration and management or a Master's degree and 8 years of relevant experience with U.S. Government contract administration and management
- Ability to effectively work with the management of other organizations (program management, subcontracts, pricing, business management, and supply chain management) as well as representatives of Government agencies.
- Demonstrated strong people management skills.
- Demonstrated understanding (interpretation and compliance at a senior level) of and experience with FAR and DFARS, especially with FAR Part 12 and FAR Part 15.
- Prior experience with various contract types such as Time & Material, Cost types, Firm Fixed Price, etc.
- Must have capable & effective proposal development skills and excellent negotiation skills
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to brief internal and external customers.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Experience in U.S. Government Department of Defense contract administration & management. International experience a strong plus.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with and influence others to include mentoring and developing a team.
- Ability to work independently and make independent decisions, ensuring high levels of collaboration with stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- National Contract Management Association - Certified Professional Contracts Manager (CPCM) desired.
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to be flexible and change directions when needed.
- Current Secret security clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top