Contracts Manager 2
- Redondo Beach, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You create trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying
innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You create and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
If this is YOU...keep reading!
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Sector is seeking Contracts Manager 2 on our F-35 team in Redondo Beach, CA. This position will be responsible for leading a team of contract administrators on the Joint Strike Fighter (F-35) program.
- Administers, extends, negotiates and terminates standard and nonstandard contracts.
- Conducts proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration, and customer contact activities to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
- Examines estimates of material, equipment services, production costs, performance requirements, and delivery schedules to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Prepares bids; processes specifications, progress, and other reports; advises management of contractual rights and obligations; compiles and analyzes data; and maintains historical information
- Bachelor's degree with 8+ years of experience with contract administration and management OR
- Master's degree and 6+ years of experience with contract administration and management.
- Ability to effectively work with the management of other organizations (program management, subcontracts, pricing, business management, and supply chain management) as well as representatives of Government agencies.
- Demonstrated understanding (interpretation and compliance at a senior level) of and experience with FAR and DFARS.
- Prior experience with various contract types such as Time & Material, Cost types, Firm Fixed Price, etc.
- Experience with DoD contracting and demonstrated success within a leadership role.
- Master's Degree
- Experience within the Aerospace industry products and contracts.
- Ability to work independently and make independent decisions, ensuring high levels of collaboration with stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to be flexible and change directions when needed.
- Current Secret Security Clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top