Contract Administrator Manager, 2
Northrop Grumman Systems Corporation is seeking a Contracts Manager 2 to join its team of qualified, diverse individuals, supporting its Space, Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance Systems Division (Space, ISRS).
Roles and Responsibilities of this position will include but not limited to:
- The negotiation and administration of complex, large-dollar contracts and associated contract modifications.
- Direct and guide contract administrators in proposal preparation and contract administration.
- Preparation and maintenance of contract files in accordance with Northrop Grumman policies and procedures.
- The skills to perform the duties of the job with little to no supervision in a manner compliant with applicable company policies and procedures
- Create and foster strong customer relations for both external and internal customers.
The successful candidate will be a direct report to Business Unit (BU) Manager of Contracts and will work closely on a day-to-day basis with program managers, business managers, capture managers, and proposal teams throughout the program. This manager will over-see a team of 4-5 contract administrators and also administer 1-2 contracts of their own. Some CONUS travel is required (~1 trip per month).
Other responsibilities will include assistance in the preparation, negotiation, acceptance and management of prime contracts including working with subcontract managers to determine appropriate flow-downs. Contract types will include cost-plus-award-fee, cost-plus-incentive-fee, firm-fixed price and fixed price level-of-effort contracts. Will assist in cost estimating, pricing and proposal efforts. Will review and approve contractual documents for protection of company's contractual/risk posture, satisfaction of contractual requirements and adherence to company policies. The successful candidate will advise management of contractual rights and obligations and provide interpretations of terms and conditions. Regular interface is required with technical and operations organizations in order to provide guidance and direction to staff, project management and peers based upon the requirements of the contracts.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- 12 years work experience in contracts or related field and Bachelors Degree, 10 years with Masters.
- Must have a Secret clearance
- Must be highly proficient in Contract Administration and able to work in a team environment with a minimum amount of direct supervision.
- Experience with various Cost-type and Firm Fixed Price Contracts.
- Must have considerable experience working as part of proposal teams.
- Must be able to multi-task and support concurrent requirements for different internal customers.
- Advanced skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Excellent Organization & Communication Skills.
Additional, the following will be considered a strong plus:
- 6 years work experience in management.
- A Bachelor's/Master's degree an engineering or business management field.
- Strong math skills
- Experience working in or with DoD and Intelligence agencies.
Top Secret/SCI clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top