Contract Administrator 4
The Northrop Grumman Global Logistics & Modernization Division is seeking a Contracts Administrator 4 to support its Palmdale, CA efforts. The successful candidate will provide advice on contractual matters involving interpretation of Government regulations and the application of company contract policies and procedures. In addition, this position requires excellent oral and written communication skills, excellent negotiation skills, and the ability to interact professionally with various levels of management within Northrop Grumman as well as with various representatives of Government agencies.
This position will require participation in proposal preparation (review, analysis, interpretation & contractual advice on terms & conditions), contract negotiations, contract administration, review and approval of contractual documentation to protect the company and provide for proper contract acquisition in accordance with the terms and conditions of the contract as well as in accordance with company policies and procedures, and interface with both internal and external customers to ensure proper contract execution.
Candidate will be considered an expert in the field within the organization and must demonstrate the skill and ability to perform complex tasks. As most assignments are complex, the position will require the candidate to work independently without appreciable direction.
The candidate will administer, extend, negotiate and terminate standard and nonstandard contracts, provide advice to management of contractual rights and obligations, compile and analyze, and maintain historical information as well as be self-motivated and have the ability to handle urgent situations. The candidate will serve as consultant to management and special external spokesperson for the organization on major matters pertaining to its policies, plans, and objectives. Acts as an advisor to senior management and customers.
This position will be responsible for ensuring compliant deliverables for all contracts assigned. May develop and deliver presentations.
- Bachelor's degree plus 10 years relevant experience with U.S. Government contract administration and management or a Master's Degree with 8 years relevant experience.
- Experience with negotiating and administering various contract types such as but not limited to Time & Material, Cost types, and Fixed Price.
- Must have excellent working knowledge FAR and DFARS.
- Must be able to effectively work with the management of other organizations (program management, subcontracts, business management, and supply chain management) as well as representatives of Government agencies.
- Must possess excellent decision making skills that support resolution of complex problems while minimizing risk to the Corporation.
- Must be able to work as a team player, be proactive in identifying and resolving problems, have excellent organizational skills, and effective time management skills.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Must have excellent negotiation, PC, oral and written communication skills.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Location for this position is Palmdale, CA.
- Must have a current Top Secret Security Clearance.
- Experience in U.S. Government Department of Defense contract administration & management.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with and influence others.
- Ability to work independently and make independent decisions, ensuring high levels of collaboration with stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to be flexible and change directions when needed.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top